GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dean Koontz..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/03/05 at 20:39
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I'm fairly new to his writing and I like his style! Brilliantly suspenseful. At the moment I'm reading tick-tock. Very good so far. Next I'm going to read intensity. I hear that the film haute tension is a total rip off of Koontz's book.

I've also read the funhouse and from the corner of her eye.

Good stuff!
Sat 12/03/05 at 18:30
Regular
Best Dean Koontz book I read was 'the face'. Excellent stuff, really.

Then I got the novel he released following that, 'the taking'. Very disappointed with it. Is it me, or was he trying to convert the readers into christians? not bad, but not great.
Sat 12/03/05 at 17:48
Regular
"8==="
Ant wrote:
> A lot of Koontz is pretty good I feel

You must be a Man United fan then. ;)
Sat 12/03/05 at 17:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
A lot of Koontz is pretty good I feel (From The Corner Of His Eye, The Door To December) it's just he's so inconsistent.

His latest (over here anyway), The Taking, is pretty awful in my view. But the book before that, The Face, is one of his best.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Green Ferocity wrote:
> I wholeheartedly reccommend buying books from Tesco's if you don't
> already.

Yeah, was tempted to buy all the Dark Tower series (7 books) for three quid a piece. Usually though, it's amazon marketplace.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:00
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I wholeheartedly reccommend buying books from Tesco's if you don't already.

Most shops are selling Vodka (the book!) for around £7.99.

I got it in Tescos for a mere £3.75. Quite a bargain :)
Sat 12/03/05 at 12:57
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Pandaemonium wrote:

> Vodka? Boris Starling?

Thats the one. I might give up on the Koontz book I'm currently reading and begin that. TBH Koontz is getting on my nerves!

And that Dan Brown book is called err angels and something. I don't know how ludicrous his writing is though, as I haven't read anything else by him.
Sat 12/03/05 at 09:10
Regular
"8==="
'Koontz' eh?

I'm surprised some eager staffie hasn't warned you for going round the swear filter. ;D
Sat 12/03/05 at 09:03
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Green Ferocity wrote:
> I look forward to it. I still have to read vodka and some Dan Brown
> book first though ;) Which isn't the divinci code by the way, I
> forget it's name :)

Vodka? Boris Starling? I loved Messiah, but haven't got around to buying the new one. Dan Browns entertaining enough, but you've got to switch into "24" Mode. I.e. Enjoy every ridiculous plot twist that he throws at you, in much the same way "24"s mountian lion attack stretched credulity to breaking point. ;)
Fri 11/03/05 at 22:29
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I look forward to it. I still have to read vodka and some Dan Brown book first though ;) Which isn't the divinci code by the way, I forget it's name :)
Fri 11/03/05 at 16:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Green Ferocity wrote:
> Well, I'll try out some Clive Barker like you reccommended ;)

Prepare to have your eyes opened. :D

Books of Blood -> Weaveworld -> Imagica -> Great and Secret Show.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.