GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who likes bands like Good Charloote and Green day and Blink182?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/03/05 at 20:58
Regular
"I have a fish it di"
I really like punk, Rock and Punkrock does anyone else and could anyone recommend any other bands of a similar nature or type of music
Fri 11/03/05 at 17:19
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Blink182 are absolute crap.
Thu 10/03/05 at 19:23
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
loki wrote:
> Can't remember the ad, only saw it the once. It wasn't Rollins though,
> it was early Black Flag (the good stuff!). I think it was one of the
> Keith Morris tracks like Nervous Breakdown or summat.

Hmm... Sounds very strange... Meh.
Thu 10/03/05 at 17:35
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Green Day's songs are good but there video's are rubbish.
Thu 10/03/05 at 10:22
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Can't remember the ad, only saw it the once. It wasn't Rollins though, it was early Black Flag (the good stuff!). I think it was one of the Keith Morris tracks like Nervous Breakdown or summat.
Tue 08/03/05 at 19:57
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
loki wrote:
> Oh and good recommendation for Rise Against, the Revolutions Per
> Minute CD is an awesome place to start exploring more catchy US
> punk.

Yeah, I got 'Siren Songs...' a while back, which is good too, not sure which I prefer. The first track 'State of the Union' is absolutely great, but none of the other songs are quite as good as that.

> BTW, although I'm all for progress, is anyone else annoyed that Black
> Flag are now being used to sell clothes on TV? =(

??? What clothes / Black Flag song is it...?
I was more than a little suprised when Henry Rollins started presenting that car building / destruction derby type show a while back... (was kinda like 'Scrapheap Challenge', but more EXTREME, cause Rollins was presenting it and he's HARDCORE!)

;-)
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:53
Regular
"hot cake!"
no probz m8!
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:53
Regular
thanks
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:50
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Loki, sorry to digress, but can I point your attention in the
> direction of the JAT plague in General?
>
> Once again, it's getting out of hand.

I'll take a look.
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:16
Regular
Loki, sorry to digress, but can I point your attention in the direction of the JAT plague in General?

Once again, it's getting out of hand.
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:12
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Sibs wrote:
>
> Saying this band is/isn't punk is fine if you're restricting punk to
> being a simple musical genre, but that misses the point somewhat.

Exactly. A lot of this thread has reminded me of a fantastic old Jawbreaker lyric; "you're not punk and I'm telling everyone, save your breath I never was one". Sorry but anyone who thinks that Green Day for example aren't punk is wrong in so many ways. Scenes change and develop, embrace it. There's some great new stuff out there. Saying that punk ends with bands like the Clash is like saying that pop music shouldn't have changed since the Beatles.

Oh and good recommendation for Rise Against, the Revolutions Per Minute CD is an awesome place to start exploring more catchy US punk.

BTW, although I'm all for progress, is anyone else annoyed that Black Flag are now being used to sell clothes on TV? =(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.