GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Animation!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/12/06 at 10:08
Regular
"you've got a beard"
for anyone that`s interested, my latest animation is available to view/download from www.secondarymotion.co.uk

"Asimov" is a collaboration between myself and Tim Wright, who produced the music for such classic games as Lemmings, WipeOut, Shadow of the Beast and a host of other titles past and present!

if you have a look, hope you enjoy it!
and if you fancy throwing a link to it on another site/forum/etc, then go ahead, let the shameless shilling begin! :D
Mon 11/12/06 at 10:46
Regular
"you've got a beard"
thanks Ladybird :)
i`m re-cutting my showreel as we speak to include some segments from it. lets go team employment! ;)

Thanks for the update Smedlos, i look forward to hearing what he`s been up to, there`s some interesting developments in british wrestling going down at the moment....
Mon 11/12/06 at 04:13
Regular
Asimov is the sweetest little clip! :) Excellent.
Sun 10/12/06 at 21:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
By the way V_M I've been speaking to Wardy and he should be back posting about his IPW etc stuff soon.
Wed 06/12/06 at 09:40
Regular
"you've got a beard"
after a little bit of rest(ish), i`ve set the ideas kicking about for a mini project to stay in practice. i have quite a lot of things on my mind at present so can`t take on a full narrative project, but here`s what i`m planning on:

in a couple of my past animations i`ve used a wrestler character that i made in my 2nd year of uni. it was the first character i ever did and i`ve never really been entirely happy with it. i`ve always had it in my mind to build a better version when time allowed and i think i know enough now to do it in an efficient amount of time and make it worthwhile

Ideas are being sketched and i plan to build a custom rig that i will tailor to suit my working style so i can animate quickly with it. Main areas of attention will be the geometry (decent poly flow and a workable mesh density) and the UVW layout so i can quickly produce different costumes for him (hell i may even dabble in cloth simulation for a shirt & tie "day job" version... a la Mr Incredible). I`ll also be spending more time researching facial rigging and working on my morph targets to get better expressions from him.

Once it`s done i`m pondering the possibility of taking video footage of actual wrestlers entrances/signature moves or mannerisms and recreating the movement so i can play them side by side on my showreel. Not only will this be good practice at observation, but it never, EVER hurts to be able to do stuff like that without relying on motion capture data.

so there we go, i may post up some development pictures and things along the way incase anyone`s interested.
Mon 04/12/06 at 23:09
Regular
"you've got a beard"
thank you sir! appreciate it :)
Mon 04/12/06 at 22:56
"possibly impossible"
Oh, forgot to say how good the animation is. Impressive.
Mon 04/12/06 at 22:54
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Smedlos wrote:
> I read "Portsmouth" as "post - mortem" then
> for some reason.

because living here makes you die a little each day ;)
Mon 04/12/06 at 22:03
"possibly impossible"
No, I finished my Primary Teaching degree, but went on to do something else instead.

Boring Bond stuff now (the stuff you see on the big stock market screens and graphs on the news)
Mon 04/12/06 at 20:49
Regular
"I may return"
:) You a teacher, pb?
Mon 04/12/06 at 20:48
"possibly impossible"
Borat wrote:
> I'm impressed :) ... can't help wondering what might have
> happened if I'd taken a different path at Uni ...

I know what you mean, at one point I had offers for a Programming place in Bristol Uni, but went to Exmouth to do Teacher Training.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.