GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Frances The Mute"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/02/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Opinions of this album, anyone?

As expected, I don't think it's as good as the first album. I'm not saying it's a bad album (it's better than most things out there) it's just Deloused was such a difficult CD to better.

If your planning to buy Frances then don't expect it to be the same as Deloused. They've made that album already, there's no point in doing it again. Instead it's a much darker, more sinister album with all the things you love from The Mars Volta. There's some truly fantastic songs and some catchy Spanish lyrics mixed in to spice things up a bit more.

The more I listed to it, the more I love it (as with Deloused).
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bah, you all suck.

And MV own you all.
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:49
"period drama"
"pwn"
Dear, dear.
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:51
Regular
Thing is, the first few mins of the track I think are really good. The blokes got a good voice and the whole sound is great. Until the weirdness begins.

It's like they weren't sure how to end the track, so they thought "If we make lots of stupid noises, people will just get annoyed and turn it off."

Which is what happened.
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thing is, they're not really a singles band - and The Widow leads off into other stuff. Some of the weird bits are a bit long sometimes, but then they throw you a several minutes long piece of mindblowing guitar and vocals and all manner of werd stuff, all is forgotten.
Thu 03/03/05 at 15:05
"period drama"
It was kind of like they thought "woah, look, some normal people might like that - what'll we do!?" and so shoved a load of weird shiz on the end.

Call me cynical, but yeah.
Thu 03/03/05 at 15:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Possibly - it's a very thin line between being clever and being an ass, and the bit at the end of the Widow is a bit annoying.

But like I said, I always think of them as fills inbetween each section of utter magic.
Thu 03/03/05 at 16:05
"period drama"
Aye, there's the mindset.
Thu 03/03/05 at 16:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm in love all over again.

WOOT!
Thu 03/03/05 at 16:37
Regular
Bah, forgot about MV, and just spend £12 on Beastie Boys.
Thu 03/03/05 at 16:48
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Rickoss wrote:
> Bah, forgot about MV, and just spend £12 on Beastie Boys.

Or buy both and listen to two of the best groups around these days.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.