GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Election Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/02/05 at 09:47
Regular
"serenity now!"
Firstly, the rules.

To place your vote, write "I vote" and the name of the person you're voting for. Try to keep chat to a minimum in this thread.

Only Regulars and existing Notables can vote, no newbies I'm afraid. Likewise, only Regulars can be voted for. You can't vote for yourself.

Votes will be accepted up to 11:59 pm tonight by the forum clock. Any votes after this time won't count.

Only one vote each. Anyone found to be voting under more than one account will have all their votes voided.

Edited posts won't count either. If you need to add/change something, make a new post.

Good luck. Voting starts... now!
Thu 24/02/05 at 14:43
Regular
"Captain to you."
Cong Man wrote:
> In other words, unless you get a lot of people to vote for you very
> early on in the day, you don't stand a chance.

I think you right to a point. But Monkey_man was trailing behind FFF and EB till the final hour when he recived a shed load of votes.
Thu 24/02/05 at 14:40
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I didn't say I would vote against you, I just think the current system's better as this way it's generally a well-liked person throughout the forum that gets in, rather than some Nintendo gayby.
Thu 24/02/05 at 14:37
Regular
"..."
wang-king wrote:
> It's not like you would've got in anyway, even if a dozen people had
> voted for you a hell of a lot more would've voted just to block you.

I had anticipated that reaction from you.

Disregarded
Thu 24/02/05 at 14:35
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
It's not like you would've got in anyway, even if a dozen people had voted for you a hell of a lot more would've voted just to block you.
Thu 24/02/05 at 14:25
Regular
"..."
A thought for the next election...

Before anybody accuses me of being bitter, yeah, I am a bit, bite me ;-) Obviosuly tactical voting is and always has been an integral part of these elections, but it is also responsible for skewing the results somewhat. A couple of posters have said they would have voted for me, but due to the running results total decided I wasn't close enough to the leaders so they felt they were wasting their vote by voting for me. The mere fact that these elections are usually decided by someone seperating the two leaders at the end with a single vote bears witness to this fact.

In other words, unless you get a lot of people to vote for you very early on in the day, you don't stand a chance. Therefore, I would like to suggest voting, in the true spirit of democracy is conducted privately in future, with any talk of who people have voted for leading to the private votes being discounted. This is the only way we can have a truly fair vote.

Now, please feel free to heckle me.
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:59
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
just vote for EB and force a tie, having travelled back in time to before midnight... sorted
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:58
Regular
"Selected"
Hey, I didn't vote.

Lets do it all again - FROM THE TOP.
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> I see GP managed to keep to his usual tradition :)

Heh, yeah, I like to keep tradition. :)

Congrats monkey man.
Thu 24/02/05 at 12:41
Regular
"Captain to you."
Finally the golden monkey :D
Thu 24/02/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
your thing, or your job?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.