GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"audioscrobbler: a cool thing to join"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/05 at 00:13
Regular
"relocated"
[URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com[/URL]

Download a plugin for your favourite mp3 player, and audioscrobbler keeps a record of all the songs you play EVER on its website. This is good because it lets you know how cool your taste actually is, as opposed to how cool you think it is, by generating weekly and all-time charts. This is my page: [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/unknownkernel/[/URL] I've been doing it for ages and the most I've ever listened to a song is 7 times. Surprising. And my favourite song is apparently M'Gell by Ultrakurt, which I've never heard of but turns out to be a song on a mix CD I have.

Anyway, the coolest thing is that everything is linked. Click on a song in your profile and you get a list of other people who love that tune, or listen to it a lot because they really hate it. Click on an artist and you get a list of their most popular songs. Click on a user and you see all their fave tunes, plus what they're listening to RIGHT NOW. Woo! You can also get reccommendations based on what you listen to - like amazon except that it works, and throws up things you've never heard of.

And and and you can make your own groups, and I have very cleverly made a special reserve one for you to join [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/group/Special%2BReserve[/URL] Groups with 10 or more members get weekly charts, so Special Reserve would have its very own number one.

So, yes, you should all join.
Page:
Mon 09/05/05 at 16:43
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Submissions are the data that the plug-in sends to the site.

Basically, I'm pretty sure that no songs will appear or even be recorded for the time being.
Mon 09/05/05 at 02:04
Regular
"Bicycle"
What do they mean by submissions, exactly?
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:21
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Still can't get that damn radio working.

There was a choice it gave me the first time I opened it, and I have a feeling I selected "do not ask this again" when I really could have done with it...
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:12
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I listen to alot of live sets, which are like 2-4 hours long, and audiothingmebob only stores tracks that are played in full.

The wee bas.
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:43
Regular
"cachoo"
Mav wrote:
> How do you make sure the plugin is still enabled?

If you're using Windows Media Player, it'll be in Tools > Plugins and see if Audioscrobbler WMP Plugin is ticked. Also, it might erase the details, so:

Tools > Plugins > Options. Look in the Category box for Background, click, and you should see the scrobbler listed in the right box. Click on Properties for Audioscrobbler and make sure all details [username/password] are filled in.

I'm sure there was a quicker way to explain that..!

If you're not using WMP, then begger you. :)
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:41
"I love yo... lamp."
Don't remember seeing this before. Must sign up and infuse some good taste into some of you.
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:31
Regular
How do you make sure the plugin is still enabled?
Sun 08/05/05 at 17:56
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've got about 200 cachéd songs to be uploaded.
Sun 08/05/05 at 14:01
Regular
"\\"
Tried making sure the plugin is still enabled? Sometimes it disables itself.
Sun 08/05/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Bicycle"
Grrr.

I haven't had any "Recently Played" tracks for about 3 weeks now. Starting to pish me off - stuck at 337 songs played...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.