GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"audioscrobbler: a cool thing to join"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/05 at 00:13
Regular
"relocated"
[URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com[/URL]

Download a plugin for your favourite mp3 player, and audioscrobbler keeps a record of all the songs you play EVER on its website. This is good because it lets you know how cool your taste actually is, as opposed to how cool you think it is, by generating weekly and all-time charts. This is my page: [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/unknownkernel/[/URL] I've been doing it for ages and the most I've ever listened to a song is 7 times. Surprising. And my favourite song is apparently M'Gell by Ultrakurt, which I've never heard of but turns out to be a song on a mix CD I have.

Anyway, the coolest thing is that everything is linked. Click on a song in your profile and you get a list of other people who love that tune, or listen to it a lot because they really hate it. Click on an artist and you get a list of their most popular songs. Click on a user and you see all their fave tunes, plus what they're listening to RIGHT NOW. Woo! You can also get reccommendations based on what you listen to - like amazon except that it works, and throws up things you've never heard of.

And and and you can make your own groups, and I have very cleverly made a special reserve one for you to join [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/group/Special%2BReserve[/URL] Groups with 10 or more members get weekly charts, so Special Reserve would have its very own number one.

So, yes, you should all join.
Page:
Fri 10/06/05 at 11:49
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Clazon wrote:
> I could never do it on this computer, it only has a fraction of my
> collection.

I'm currently at work but listening to my computer at home which has my whole collection of 950 albums sat on it :)

> yet I follow this bendy trend.

I seem to be doing the same, my graph finally appeared this morning and it's already doing the bendy thing ... trouble is I play lots of tracks that I like from various artists, don't tend to play a whole album at once, but you can see the artists you like to play more than others very quickly :)
Fri 10/06/05 at 11:39
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Mines not been updated this month. Gutted.
Fri 10/06/05 at 11:17
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I could never do it on this computer, it only has a fraction of my collection.

:(

What I find funny, is how everyone's band usage is clearly exponential, instead of a smooth gradient. I certainly try to rotate my bands on here a bit, yet I follow this bendy trend.
Fri 10/06/05 at 11:11
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Clazon wrote:
> They did mine within a day, so usually they're ok.

Ok, well I only managed to get to 100 tracks played yesterday afternoon so I'll give it a check tomorrow.

Thanks for the info :)
Fri 10/06/05 at 11:04
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Coin, what are Le Tigre like?
Fri 10/06/05 at 11:00
Regular
"The Red Shift"
They did mine within a day, so usually they're ok.
Fri 10/06/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ok thats good to know, cheers :)

I take it "You need over 100 songs in your profile before you get any neighbours" means the number of tracks you've played? I've managed to rack up 178 in the last two days and currently still adding so I guess I'll just have to wait a little while.
Fri 10/06/05 at 10:27
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
It's about right to be honest.

I think you need a certain number of tracks as well, so they know what to base your recommendations on.
Fri 10/06/05 at 09:50
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
How long does it take roughly for the recommendations to appear?

It says a day or two but is it any quicker or slower?
Mon 30/05/05 at 11:30
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Ashman wrote:
> [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/Asherman/[/URL]
>
> Look at the top three on my Audioscrob Weekly Track Chart.
>
> Wonderful.
>
> Thanks to mattributé to finding that goal, noticing this and telling me
> and also for being truly Buddlicious in all senses of the word.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.