GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"audioscrobbler: a cool thing to join"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/05 at 00:13
Regular
"relocated"
[URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com[/URL]

Download a plugin for your favourite mp3 player, and audioscrobbler keeps a record of all the songs you play EVER on its website. This is good because it lets you know how cool your taste actually is, as opposed to how cool you think it is, by generating weekly and all-time charts. This is my page: [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/unknownkernel/[/URL] I've been doing it for ages and the most I've ever listened to a song is 7 times. Surprising. And my favourite song is apparently M'Gell by Ultrakurt, which I've never heard of but turns out to be a song on a mix CD I have.

Anyway, the coolest thing is that everything is linked. Click on a song in your profile and you get a list of other people who love that tune, or listen to it a lot because they really hate it. Click on an artist and you get a list of their most popular songs. Click on a user and you see all their fave tunes, plus what they're listening to RIGHT NOW. Woo! You can also get reccommendations based on what you listen to - like amazon except that it works, and throws up things you've never heard of.

And and and you can make your own groups, and I have very cleverly made a special reserve one for you to join [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/group/Special%2BReserve[/URL] Groups with 10 or more members get weekly charts, so Special Reserve would have its very own number one.

So, yes, you should all join.
Page:
Mon 28/02/05 at 20:51
Regular
I'm pretty 'pleshd' with my Zen Touch

Now at 'bout 200 songs....

Where do you get your tunes from?...for me it has to be WinMX
Mon 28/02/05 at 20:45
Regular
"relocated"
Emitime wrote:
> Joe Dark wrote:
> Does the Windows Media Player 9 plugin work for Windows Media Player
> 10?
>
> Yes.

But you shouldn't use WMP because it is awful.

I was very disapppointed by this week's chart. Linkin Park. 'king hell. I suggest you all download Soulseek then copy my taste in music EXACTLY, as would have happened had I inherited Stalin's job (like he wanted).
Mon 28/02/05 at 20:29
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
You have bad taste in music, my friend.
Mon 28/02/05 at 19:15
Regular
"\\"
Joe Dark wrote:
> Does the Windows Media Player 9 plugin work for Windows Media Player
> 10?

Yes.
Mon 28/02/05 at 18:14
Regular
Nah, doubt it's him.
Mon 28/02/05 at 18:12
Regular
"herro"
mayB itz azewl
Mon 28/02/05 at 18:09
Regular
Takes a genius to work out who it is.
Mon 28/02/05 at 18:08
Regular
HAHAHAH! Your so funny.
Mon 28/02/05 at 18:03
Regular
"herro"
MJ wrote:
> Oh and Joe Dark, won't hurt to try it.

dont listen it will it will cause a MULTI INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC COLLAPSE and a NUCLEAR WINTER will also result from it omg omgomg
Mon 28/02/05 at 18:01
Regular
My media library decided to constantly mess up just recently, been getting a nice gen_m.dll error. Killed the file in my plugins folder and installed audioscrobbler in the general flavour... sorted. Bit annoying though, however I never did use the media library really.

Oh and Joe Dark, won't hurt to try it.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.