GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Could you?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/02/05 at 17:05
Regular
Could you give me advice on winning gameaday that a young teenager could understand without a volley of insults?
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:43
Regular
*slap*
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:43
"period drama"
MJ wrote:
> I personally just wish they still gave away GAD's for forum posts
> (slap me if they do :)).

*slap*
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:44
Regular
"0228"
MJ wrote:
> I personally just wish they still gave away GAD's for forum posts
> (slap me if they do :)).

*slaps MJ*

EDIT: I'm so slow
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:45
Regular
Silent Thunder wrote:
> potential customer

Key point this. The reason behind GAD is to provide information to the customers, not to give pleasure to the forum goers - keeping this in mind is always a good idea. It's no different to providing a review for a product on a website such as Amazon, but you're benefiting from it on the odd occasion.

[edit] They do? Heh, least I have nice rosey cheeks now :]

So basically they give one per day for the best review/walkthrough/cheats/chat post?
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:46
"period drama"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> The amount of paragrahps really does not effect the chances of
> winning.

Yeah it does. They just choose all the reviews with "today's lucky number" of paragraphs in it. Then someone throws someting at them, and whichever one it lands on, that one wins.

As long as they contain all the detail you would think a
> potential customer would need about every aspect about the game, like
> sound, graphics and actual game play.

I say mostly don't bother about sound or graphics too much. In my experience, you want to talk about how it actually feels playing the game overall. Not just a list of stuff they could find off the back of the box.
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:48
"period drama"
MJ wrote:
> [edit] They do? Heh, least I have nice rosey cheeks now :]
>
> So basically they give one per day for the best
> review/walkthrough/cheats/chat post?

That's the one, yus.
Dunno if cheats still count, though. Walkthrough do though. Reviews, obviously. And I won for a story a while back, so chat stuff as well.

Okay?
*raises slapping-hand*
[I]Okay?
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:49
Regular
High-five!
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:50
Regular
"0228"
Cheats do still count because I remember smv confirming that just a short while back but I've never seen anybody win with them.
Regular
Up above, down below, you're too slow. To the side. Or something.

High-Five!
Regular
Fair enough.

*goes off to plot*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.