GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Could you?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/02/05 at 17:05
Regular
Could you give me advice on winning gameaday that a young teenager could understand without a volley of insults?
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:30
Regular
"0228"
How old are you then?
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:33
Regular
I'm assuming he's 13 judging by the "young teenager" part of his original post. To be perfectly honest, thats not too young to write a GAD quality peice of writing - just requires a little bit of intellect.

This topic makes me think of the terrible lottery adverts about not being able to win unless you play... well it applies here. If you're not willing to put the work in, you wont win a free game, its as simple as that.
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:34
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Depends how young you are. I'd be happy to help.

First of all, it's not quantity, it's quality. Although writing "this game is awesome yeh sr rocks and gimme games games rulz" etc has about as much chance of winning as in a 1 on 1 wobuffet fight. The review must sound professional, using words which are of a reasonable standard, and grammar must be pretty good. Not "yer this rulz, blah blah" going down the chav route. Try not to have that many paragraphs, 3 or 4 is a good amount. Use opinions and don't refer to anyone else on the site, or Special Reserve at all. Why? Just don't. If the game is a sequel, spend the first paragraph describing the original, if it's not then use a catchy paragraph to grip the reader. Trust me, I know what I'm on about. Remember to rate the game, and be reasonable. You have as much chance as winning with a 1/10 rated review as you do with a 10/10. Make sure that if it's a good game, then use words like "excellence" and "top of it's genre", while if it's an awful game, then mention "not worth the plastic it's coated in" instead of "scum of the earth".

Here are two examples of reviews. The first is a decent one, while the second is comic genius (but not recommended if you want to win)

Good review- [URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/reviews/customer.php?code=DS3058[/URL] (Look for Rickoss's)

Bad review:

"Its a really good game. Your a person called zelda on a quest to do stuff. The graphics are good the gameplay is good andthe whole game is good."
-zzzz

Hope this helps!
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:35
Regular
I don't understand this. How can you ask me to write reviews on games i have'nt got because I have'nt won. (Its a vicious circle).
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:37
Regular
slimboyslik wrote:
> I don't understand this. How can you ask me to write reviews on games
> i have'nt got because I have'nt won. (Its a vicious circle).

The idea is that you review games you already own. The fact that you are posting on a game related website I'm sure lead most people to think that you at least have some games..
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:38
Regular
"0228"
People have managed to win with previews before so try that.
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:39
"period drama"
Surely you've got some games?
It really doesn't matter, though, I've won a few times from things I don't own.
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:41
Regular
I've got games but i quite like playing the classics and who wants a review on Sonic Dx.
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:41
Regular
I personally just wish they still gave away GAD's for forum posts (slap me if they do :)). Although I suppose they don't really benefit the company enough to warrant giving a game away, might have to start writing some reviews :)
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:42
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
cweek2000 wrote:
> Try not to have that many paragraphs, 3 or 4 is a good amount.

The amount of paragrahps really does not effect the chances of winning. As long as they contain all the detail you would think a potential customer would need about every aspect about the game, like sound, graphics and actual game play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.