GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hands up if you're getting a PSP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/11/04 at 11:03
Regular
My argument that handheld games just aren't cool is being put to the test here.

Sony reinvented the gaming industry, the Granddaddy of video games, Nintendo, are faltering as Sony have changed the way games will be played for ever.

Fortunatly for Nintendo their handheld department has crushed any opposition it has come against, SEGA, Atari, Nokia and soon Microsoft as well.

Now Sony want in. If the PSP does outsell the DS and the GBA SP as well as the next generation of GBA (due in a couple of years i'd imagine) it could spell the end for Nintendo.

Yet I don't think Sony will, and here's why. Handheld games just aren't cool, hardcore Sony fans (many of you lot) may pick it up but will the billions of casual PS2 gamers get one? I've not met one casual gamer (all of them PS2 owners might I add) who intends to get it. In fact they've dismissed it almost immediatly.

Truth be told none of them want a Nintendo DS either but then the Nintendo DS corners a different market. Hardcore gamers and Kids buy handhelds... I know only young people and hardcore gamers who own them. Nintendo's DS with its "revolutionary" ways of playing games looks set to appeal to those two fanbasses. Whilst Sony seem to be gunning for the Ipod generation.

I digress slightly. But my point stands, will the PSP be popular with the joe gamer? Could you imagine hundreds of punters up and down the country playing a PSP down the pub?

No, neither can I.

So, although you are more of a hardcore fanbase, hands up if you want a PSP?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 11/12/04 at 17:22
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Unlikely, handheld gaming is a bit dull.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.