GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got assaulted last night, the bastar..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/02/05 at 18:10
Regular
"The Red Shift"
It's friday night, so everyone has a right to go out and enjoy themselves. I fully believe this atleast and had one of my bests nights out for a while in London. However, on my way home, I caught the train on the wrong side of the platform. This means that it follows the exact same stations until it's too late. At this point me and a mate got off. (In hindsite it was possible that one more stop would have taken us to my place, but this wasn't a certainty)

However having got off at this particular station, I knew the way to his house, so we caught a bus to near enough his house. This near enough was going to be a problem though. It's 10:30 and we're walking down a street I've walked down 50 times in daylight, but this time it was different (obviously). We walk past these 4 guys who look like trouble, but neither of us say anything... until we've past them. Then, when they're coming from behind they call out all their stupid "rude boy" s**t and try to start something. We still say nothing, but one guy rifles through my pockets. So I knock his hand away and say that universal phrase- "Leave it." He seems to take offence and chases me down the street. I see that he's gonna catch up, so I stop. Atleast face to face is better than him tripping me up. He says something then punches me right in the face. I drop to the floor and play dead. He kicks me a couple of times then runs off with his mates.

My friends alright and all they took from him was his broken £5 watch from Sicily. They took neither my phone, nor my wallet. At this point we run to his house just to play it safe. The police are called and I have a bag of frozen chips to put on my eye. (Who the hell doesn't have peas?) Within 5 minutes we have 2 copper cars round the front and their asking to go with them around the area to identify them. (I praise them for this, very suprised indeed!) There's no sight of them and we go back. I slept most of today in my bed and am listening to my Travis now.

This may seem like I'm looking for sympathy, but I'm not. Infact it's a bit pointless except for saying:

I knew all this was happening every mintue of the night, but it was my first assault/mugging in London, so maybe I was just lucky for it to take so long.

I don't have any of this mental trauma, but maybe that's because I was just waiting for it to happen anyway.

I was lucky that they were'nt looking to cause some serious trouble.

I'm gonna try to never ever catch the wrong train. The right one would've saved us half an hour and prevented me from getting lamped.
Sat 19/02/05 at 20:46
Regular
"Catch it!"
My Mum got Mugged before she was in Tesco's when this guy hit into her when she was pushing around her trolley. He had a Friend with him and she had left her Handbag tied to the to the trolley but the man's friend nicked it. It had her car keys in and nearly 30 quid and her credit card but it was very good because she got it cancelled very quickly after. And not long ago she saw the Men again but when she quickly went to go and tell the women she had told about it before. But when she went and told the woman they ran for it the idiots!
Sat 19/02/05 at 20:34
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Learn to fight, then you'll go looking for trouble and get revenge.
Sat 19/02/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Clazon wrote:
> Flock wrote:
> Hope you're not too bruised.
>
> A nice shiner.
>
> :)

I think you got away lightly then.
Sat 19/02/05 at 20:16
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Flock wrote:
> Hope you're not too bruised.

A nice shiner.

:)
Sat 19/02/05 at 19:01
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Niddle wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> It's that attitute that gets you mugged, sunny boy.
>
> Considering I've never been mugged, yet most of my friends have been
> (multiple times), it's worked for me so far :-)
>
> I prefer living in a giant syrafoam bubble.

And I prefer living in a giant styrofoam bubble, "faggio".
Sat 19/02/05 at 19:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Hope you're not too bruised.
I've never had any major trouble like that but there have been occassions when you think something is up and it's a really sickening feeling, especially if you're on your own. I just try to make sure i'm aware of anyone ahead of me and avoid them like the plague. I think i've just been lucky so far but i'm always careful, especially in London on the trains.
Sat 19/02/05 at 18:52
Regular
"SOUP!"
Niddle wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
>
> Considering I've never been mugged, yet most of my friends have been
> (multiple times), it's worked for me so far :-)

I prefer living in a giant syrafoam bubble.
Sat 19/02/05 at 18:50
"slightlyshortertagl"
Paradox: wrote:

Considering I've never been mugged, yet most of my friends have been (multiple times), it's worked for me so far :-)
Sat 19/02/05 at 18:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Nope it was a mangy little horse.
Sat 19/02/05 at 18:48
Regular
"cachoo"
Reefer wrote:
> Ney. I puff a house down if I'm a wolf.

That was a wolf in the Three Little Pigs?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.