GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*sigh of relief*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/11/04 at 15:29
Regular
And I thought the Gamecube had died somewhat.

In the wake of an endless stream of DS news the Gamecube just seemed to have stopped dead. I spent 99% of my time on IGNDS.com rather than the Gamecube section. Cube-Europe featured DS article after DS article.

No new news on Zelda, no new games, no response from Nintendo over the Resident Evil 4 game...

When there is no news to report NGC/CUBE and NOM would have to report almost exclusivly on the DS. A great way to draw attention to the new system but also a great way to draw attention away from the old one.

Starfox Assault, Mario Party 6, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Geist, Odama, Mario Tennis, Four Swords, Zelda, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem etc... does seem like a nice line up but the fact is we've know about these games since E3... there hasn't been any new Nintendo announcements for the Gamecube since then.

Don't wanna take it away from tphi's thread who flags up the new screenshots of Zelda (which is fantastic, releasing a few screens once in a while is a great way of building hype) but the news of a new Kirby Game, ANOTHER Mario sports title (Baseball, which if it turns out to be good is bound to appear on every console to come... bound to sell shed loads in the states) and the third in the popular Donkey Konga series.

A nice brief announcement from Nintendo which bumps up the release schedule somewhat.

In fact the Gamecube has a busy year next year, I just hope that combined with the DS I'm not stretched for cash again.
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:05
Dringo wrote:

> Baseball, if made by Camelot, will suck.

Indeed. I'd love to see the "innovative" "wacky" things they come up with.
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:06
Regular
Considerably more than you it would appear.

As do professional reviewers.
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:07
Regular
Professional?

*chuckles*
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:08
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
> Baseball, if made by Camelot, will suck.
>
> Indeed. I'd love to see the "innovative" "wacky"
> things they come up with.

Using my powers of future sight, I predict it will be essentially the same as Mario Golf, but you bash buttons to run after hitting the ball - which will be done using the good old 'stop the meter' mechanism.
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:10
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Professional?
>
> *chuckles*

There's nothing funny about that word. Maybe one day you'll realise how pathetic you are and how I was right all along, like you have with other things.
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:12
Whitestripes DX wrote:

> Using my powers of future sight, I predict it will be essentially the
> same as Mario Golf, but you bash buttons to run after hitting the
> ball - which will be done using the good old 'stop the meter'
> mechanism.

And you can tell Dringo will have hours of fun just soaking up that originality!!!!
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:13
Regular
In that case Halo 2 is in the top 15 games of all time, professional my ass.

You should apply for a job at IGN, they over rate dull games as well.
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:16
Regular
It took you a year to realise Halo was an average game with terrible design.

Something I'd been saying since release. Still, you get there in the end.
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:19
Regular
No, I said Halo was good, just not the bEsT gAmE EVA!!1!

Halo 2 is average.
Wed 24/11/04 at 23:33
Regular
Hint for you: don't attempt to lie about what you've said in the past, this is a forum, old messages can be dug up.

I'm sure we all remember your story of how you bought Halo and came home and got your penis stuck in the disc as you were 'appreciating' it. Of course, now you've realised I was right you're...well, trying to act like me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.