GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*sigh of relief*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/11/04 at 15:29
Regular
And I thought the Gamecube had died somewhat.

In the wake of an endless stream of DS news the Gamecube just seemed to have stopped dead. I spent 99% of my time on IGNDS.com rather than the Gamecube section. Cube-Europe featured DS article after DS article.

No new news on Zelda, no new games, no response from Nintendo over the Resident Evil 4 game...

When there is no news to report NGC/CUBE and NOM would have to report almost exclusivly on the DS. A great way to draw attention to the new system but also a great way to draw attention away from the old one.

Starfox Assault, Mario Party 6, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Geist, Odama, Mario Tennis, Four Swords, Zelda, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem etc... does seem like a nice line up but the fact is we've know about these games since E3... there hasn't been any new Nintendo announcements for the Gamecube since then.

Don't wanna take it away from tphi's thread who flags up the new screenshots of Zelda (which is fantastic, releasing a few screens once in a while is a great way of building hype) but the news of a new Kirby Game, ANOTHER Mario sports title (Baseball, which if it turns out to be good is bound to appear on every console to come... bound to sell shed loads in the states) and the third in the popular Donkey Konga series.

A nice brief announcement from Nintendo which bumps up the release schedule somewhat.

In fact the Gamecube has a busy year next year, I just hope that combined with the DS I'm not stretched for cash again.
Fri 26/11/04 at 13:27
Regular
Mario Brothers 2 was a decent game, not as good as the more traditional Mario branded titles.
Thu 25/11/04 at 23:45
Regular
"Bow to me!"
You think that was a terrible game? I thought that was a very good game. Havent played it for many years but when I was younger I used to love it. And Mario Paint too, what a game. Very limited now I suppose but I liked it at the time and thats all that matters. I seem to have a pretty big collection of past Mario titles, and the majority of them get a thumbs up.
Thu 25/11/04 at 23:28
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Not comparing them, just saying that there are sucky ass Mario games
> around.
>
> Oh I know.

> Lost Levels, - it wasn't all that bad.

> Mario Paint, - as a child I found said game entertaining for a while, until I lost the mouse, it's crpa as a game, but good fun for a young artist like myself

> Hotel Mario... - can't comment on that - never played it.

> there's be a few.

But I won't deny there has been some terrible ones.

Super Mario Bros 2 anybody?
Thu 25/11/04 at 22:05
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Not comparing them, just saying that there are sucky ass Mario games
> around.

Oh I know. Lost Levels, Mario Paint, Hotel Mario... there's be a few.
Thu 25/11/04 at 21:55
Regular
Not comparing them, just saying that there are sucky ass Mario games around.
Thu 25/11/04 at 21:54
Regular
Anyone here have Mario Picross.

Disturbingly addictive.
Thu 25/11/04 at 21:53
Regular
Ah Right... A 2D puzzle game from Nintendo which isn't bad just a total waste of money.

A very good way of comparing it to Mario Baseball. My point being is that Nintendo liven up the like of Golf and Tennis with extras, weird modes and special moves (etc...) so Mario Baseball may be more interesting than the more usual Baseball sims you get in Japan.
Thu 25/11/04 at 21:49
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> gerrid wrote:

> But it be a Mario game... so maybe not.

Dr Mario anyone?
Thu 25/11/04 at 21:44
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> So anyway
>
> Mario Baseball will clearly fail to light up US and EU audience's -
> baseball games are the domain of the Japanese, with everyone else
> seeing how, really they are horribly, horribly repetetive.

But it be a Mario game... so maybe not.

> ALSO I would say that Nintendo would do well to promote the DS with
> all it's might, because, frankly, getting people to buy a DS then
> gives Nintendo a foothold in their mind and they can go from there -
> e.g those leaflets that you always get with one half new GBA games
> and one half new GC games - it works better than TV marketing and so
> on, which is much less effective. Also, the GC line up this Christmas
> is decent but only Resi 4 and Zelda have the real potential to break
> it into the public consciousness.

Nintendo do advertise on TV, they just don't do much of it... it means sales aren't as good but it keeps their advertisement budget down.

> Still though, I'm thinking of importing a DS for christmas. Worth it?

Going from all the complaints. No.
Thu 25/11/04 at 18:37
Regular
gerbil man wrote:
> Mav wrote:
> How do you know about all that anyway?
>
> Because I've been here before is how.

I know.

I was referring to Alastair.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.