GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brits get serious + results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/02/05 at 06:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Finally, it looks like theyre at last turning into awards show that is about decent music, it started last year with some respectable nominations but none won anything, this years winners are much better apart from Will Young and Robbie Williams(I always thought Radio 2 listeners had better taste).

Joss Stone for best female was ok although how she won best Urban is beyond me.
Franz Ferdinand deservedly won best rock and group although should have been nominated and won best single
Keane walked off with best album and best newcomers
Gwen Stefani got best international female, don't agre with it, should have been Kelis
Avril Lavigne should have got best pop act but it went to McFly
Will Young getting british single was a disgrace
Muse got live act
Eminem got best international male and a couple of years ago i would have agreed but at least it wasn't bloody Usher
Scissor Sisters win international album, breakthrough and group, the last one probably being the only one should have got.
Robbie Williams won yet another vote to prove once again how dumb the voting public are, if thats the best song of the last 25 years i'll jump off a cliff.
Bob Geldof gets the outstanding contribution to music award, wrongly i think, musically he's not done much in a long time and if anything this is just for his charity work.

Overall it's a big improvement on previous years and i'll be looking forward to next years Brits.
Thu 10/02/05 at 23:42
"period drama"
They were alright ... but not anymore. Their new single sucks, and every song sounds the same.

Snow Patrol? Best band?
I really never got anything from their album.
Thu 10/02/05 at 23:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
But they're ironicly gay and cool and daring!!11

One of the 'picked' bands of the year - no doubt decent, just you hate whoever found them.
Thu 10/02/05 at 23:29
Regular
And they went a bit overboard with the Scissor Sisters.

I've only heard the three singles, but out of those you've got Laura, which is actually pretty decent, a mediocre dance track and an abysmal cover of Comfortably Numb.
Thu 10/02/05 at 23:23
Regular
Joss Stone deserved to get some recognition too - she's very talented and damn good at what she does. Out of the nominations for best female, she was easily the most deserving.

And Snow Patrol should've gotten best group.
Thu 10/02/05 at 23:17
Regular
You can't really take the Brits seriously when Chris Evans is presenting it.

And what's wrong with Robbie? Fair enough, Angels being the best song of the last twenty-five years is going too far, but it's still a good record and he makes good music.
Thu 10/02/05 at 23:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Goatboy wrote:
> That's nice.

I know.

I've seen plenty of his stuff, just never bought it.

Nice information as well.

Well, toodles.
Thu 10/02/05 at 22:59
"slightlyshortertagl"
Grime.

Maybe.
Thu 10/02/05 at 22:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That's nice.
Thu 10/02/05 at 22:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have one Tom Waits track. It's alright.
Thu 10/02/05 at 22:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Apparently Tom Waits was nominated for something?
Yeah, because he's likely to bother to turn up/accept/pay attention to this sort of back-slapping self-fellating rubbish.

"We need a left-of-centre bloke to show it's not just about shifting more units and making us rich!"
"Like who?"
"I don't know, somebody to try and draw in the sorts of people that would never watch this crap"
"My mate says that Tom Waits has consistently made creative records outside of the mainstream yet sold the Hammersmith Apollo out in 50 mins with zero radioplay or videos over here"
"Who?"
"Tom Waits. American, growly voice, never shows at awards. Makes his music in his studio on his farm, shuns promotional merry-go-rounds"
"He'll do!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.