GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brits get serious + results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/02/05 at 06:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Finally, it looks like theyre at last turning into awards show that is about decent music, it started last year with some respectable nominations but none won anything, this years winners are much better apart from Will Young and Robbie Williams(I always thought Radio 2 listeners had better taste).

Joss Stone for best female was ok although how she won best Urban is beyond me.
Franz Ferdinand deservedly won best rock and group although should have been nominated and won best single
Keane walked off with best album and best newcomers
Gwen Stefani got best international female, don't agre with it, should have been Kelis
Avril Lavigne should have got best pop act but it went to McFly
Will Young getting british single was a disgrace
Muse got live act
Eminem got best international male and a couple of years ago i would have agreed but at least it wasn't bloody Usher
Scissor Sisters win international album, breakthrough and group, the last one probably being the only one should have got.
Robbie Williams won yet another vote to prove once again how dumb the voting public are, if thats the best song of the last 25 years i'll jump off a cliff.
Bob Geldof gets the outstanding contribution to music award, wrongly i think, musically he's not done much in a long time and if anything this is just for his charity work.

Overall it's a big improvement on previous years and i'll be looking forward to next years Brits.
Sat 12/02/05 at 02:48
Regular
I didn't understand this though,

Franz Ferdinand are nominated for Best Newcomer, and Best Band,(or whatever the award) as are Keane, Franz Ferdinand wins best Band, but Keane wins best newcomer.

Surely if Franz is the best act, it's the best newcomer too?

*Confused*
Sat 12/02/05 at 02:44
Regular
The day the Brits mean anything to me is the day I get voted Queen Bishop of south west Snowdonia by a jazz obsessed band of rag tag elves.
Sat 12/02/05 at 02:37
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> But they're ironicly gay and cool and daring!!11

The only man in the band is the one with long hair and boobs.
It's really odd.

Anyway, I watched the show roughly from wehre Jamelia and Lemar managed to murder "Addicted To Love", up until Keane won best album.

What a way to start and end it for me.
That made me sad.
Fri 11/02/05 at 10:34
Regular
"Monochromatic"
lcarus wrote:
> Like Para said, Brit Awards. Hence the need for a seperate
> International Award. Kinda obvious really.

There was no catergory, i felt he meant she didn't win because she wasn't British, that wasn't a requirement as it was an open award which was odd as it was the only one.
Fri 11/02/05 at 09:42
Flock wrote:

>
> Avril Lavigne should have got best pop act but it went to McFly
>
> But, she isn't British ... is she?
>
> I noticed when i was reading that the catergory wasn't British or
> International.

Like Para said, Brit Awards. Hence the need for a seperate International Award. Kinda obvious really.

Just seen some music vids of Joss Stone - pretty ordinary.
Fri 11/02/05 at 08:34
"possibly impossible"
I seem to have grown to like Joss Stone...

...apart from that Angels number with Robbie, it was a bit sickening...
Fri 11/02/05 at 07:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> Uck. I'm starting to like Pop. Westlife, next.

If you like Westilife i take back everything i've ever said about you having good taste. I think i need to sleep for a little while, i can't reallt read what i'm typing.
Fri 11/02/05 at 07:23
Regular
"cachoo"
Pretty good this year. Although I've never watched the Brits before.. :^) Scissor Sisters perfomance was great, as well as Gwen Stefani & Robbie/Joss Stone. I hate those two, but that song they sang together was good.
Can't believe how good Lemar sounds live! "Addicted to love!"

Uck. I'm starting to like Pop. Westlife, next.
Fri 11/02/05 at 00:27
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Paradox: wrote:
> Flock wrote:
>
> Avril Lavigne should have got best pop act but it went to McFly
>
> Erm, Brits. British.
>
> She's American dude.

I've already answered that when Timmargh mentioned it and she's canadian i believe.
Thu 10/02/05 at 23:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Again - there was nothing last year that was picked that really got me interested.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.