GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brits get serious + results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/02/05 at 06:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Finally, it looks like theyre at last turning into awards show that is about decent music, it started last year with some respectable nominations but none won anything, this years winners are much better apart from Will Young and Robbie Williams(I always thought Radio 2 listeners had better taste).

Joss Stone for best female was ok although how she won best Urban is beyond me.
Franz Ferdinand deservedly won best rock and group although should have been nominated and won best single
Keane walked off with best album and best newcomers
Gwen Stefani got best international female, don't agre with it, should have been Kelis
Avril Lavigne should have got best pop act but it went to McFly
Will Young getting british single was a disgrace
Muse got live act
Eminem got best international male and a couple of years ago i would have agreed but at least it wasn't bloody Usher
Scissor Sisters win international album, breakthrough and group, the last one probably being the only one should have got.
Robbie Williams won yet another vote to prove once again how dumb the voting public are, if thats the best song of the last 25 years i'll jump off a cliff.
Bob Geldof gets the outstanding contribution to music award, wrongly i think, musically he's not done much in a long time and if anything this is just for his charity work.

Overall it's a big improvement on previous years and i'll be looking forward to next years Brits.
Thu 10/02/05 at 06:54
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Finally, it looks like theyre at last turning into awards show that is about decent music, it started last year with some respectable nominations but none won anything, this years winners are much better apart from Will Young and Robbie Williams(I always thought Radio 2 listeners had better taste).

Joss Stone for best female was ok although how she won best Urban is beyond me.
Franz Ferdinand deservedly won best rock and group although should have been nominated and won best single
Keane walked off with best album and best newcomers
Gwen Stefani got best international female, don't agre with it, should have been Kelis
Avril Lavigne should have got best pop act but it went to McFly
Will Young getting british single was a disgrace
Muse got live act
Eminem got best international male and a couple of years ago i would have agreed but at least it wasn't bloody Usher
Scissor Sisters win international album, breakthrough and group, the last one probably being the only one should have got.
Robbie Williams won yet another vote to prove once again how dumb the voting public are, if thats the best song of the last 25 years i'll jump off a cliff.
Bob Geldof gets the outstanding contribution to music award, wrongly i think, musically he's not done much in a long time and if anything this is just for his charity work.

Overall it's a big improvement on previous years and i'll be looking forward to next years Brits.
Thu 10/02/05 at 06:56
Regular
"8==="
I still don't agree with a single one.
Thu 10/02/05 at 07:00
Regular
Flock wrote:
> Joss Stone for best female was ok although how she won best Urban is
> beyond me.

Meh, she's not too bad. Never really bothered with her though.

> Gwen Stefani got best international female, don't agre with it,
> should have been Kelis

Hasn't she only done the one song this year? No Doubt releases shouldn't count...

> Avril Lavigne should have got best pop act but it went to McFly

Bah, although I'd still say that if Avril got it.

> Will Young getting british single was a disgrace

What the hell?

> Eminem got best international male and a couple of years ago i would
> have agreed but at least it wasn't bloody Usher

He deserves it. So would Usher, although he made a stupid decision teaming up with Lil' Jon, as has everyone else who has done the same.

> Scissor Sisters win international album, breakthrough and group, the
> last one probably being the only one should have got.

They totally deserve all three. I'm glad they did so well.

> Robbie Williams won yet another vote to prove once again how dumb the
> voting public are, if thats the best song of the last 25 years i'll
> jump off a cliff.

What the hell?

> Overall it's a big improvement on previous years and i'll be looking
> forward to next years Brits.

I was actually planning on catching this year's. How was the Scissor Sister's opener?
Thu 10/02/05 at 07:06
Regular
"cachoo"
Decent?! Baaaah. Robbie's old now and should never win an award again. Will Young.. gah, all the hype was about him being gay, not his music.
Suprised Kasabian didn't win anything, would've liked them to. Scissor Sisters are the only ones who deserved an award out of that lot..
Thu 10/02/05 at 07:09
Regular
Hoho, nice tag :)

*memories*
Thu 10/02/05 at 07:10
Regular
"cachoo"
:^) It's a classic!
Only found out the other day Brian Blessed played him.. never knew 10 years ago..!
Thu 10/02/05 at 07:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> Decent?! Baaaah. Robbie's old now and should never win an award again.
> Will Young.. gah, all the hype was about him being gay, not his
> music.

I agree completely unless you didn't notice.
Thu 10/02/05 at 07:21
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> :^) It's a classic!
> Only found out the other day Brian Blessed played him.. never knew 10
> years ago..!

You sure you're not thinking about a different one, i remember Mr Mistoffelees being thin.
Thu 10/02/05 at 07:23
Regular
"cachoo"
Yeah, you're right, I'm thinking of Deuteronomy(sp?!).. Either way..!
Thu 10/02/05 at 07:24
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Flock wrote:
Yeah i thought so, he played Old Deuteronomy.

(bah mixing up reply and quote button)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.