GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark: Zero"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark Zero'.
Thu 25/11/04 at 13:53
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Although this has nothing to do with Nintendo anymore, some of you might be interested in hearing that Perfect Dark: Zero has been set for UK release on Xbox on December 2, 2005. Whether or not this will stand is unsure, and with the release so far away its likely to be held back many more times. This probably means it wont be on the shelves until later 2006, and looks as though its going to be an Xbox 2 title. It might be worth getting an Xbox this for this. If we're lucky, some version of Perfect Dark may be released on DS in the future. Fingers crossed anyway!
Tue 30/11/04 at 00:17
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I echo this ahahahaha-ness.
Tue 30/11/04 at 00:09
Regular
"Bow to me!"
From what Ive seen this is kind of true. F-riend?
Mon 29/11/04 at 20:18
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Marcini wrote:
> A friend of mine told me

Ahahahaha.
Mon 29/11/04 at 17:26
Regular
"Bow to me!"
A friend of mine told me that it was nearly ready to be released (about a year off) when RARE were sold. If thats right then I wonder what happened to the code? They obviously started it all again rather than porting what they had already done.
Mon 29/11/04 at 17:23
"I love yo... lamp."
Hmmm. I trust Gamesmaster far less than I trusted these rumours and conjectures. Which was very little.
Mon 29/11/04 at 16:02
Regular
I heard something like that aswell Big, I think it was in a games master magazine or something, hehe
Mon 29/11/04 at 15:48
"I love yo... lamp."
I remember reading something posted by an alleged ex Rare employee claiming that the game had been started quite a bit whilst Nintendo owned Rare and that it was heading in a manga type direction, hence the art. Apparently however the guy who was lead programmer left, being somewhat difficult to work with, albeit skilled. Then the people they tried to replace him with had no actual games experience and eventually most of the code was scrapped, along with the project at that time.

I have doubts over the authenticity of most of it, but that's what I heard.
Mon 29/11/04 at 15:08
Regular
I was never expecting it to be as good as the N64 version.
But it wasn't as good as a 2D adventure could've been.
It was sort of clumsy.

And the Link Up features sucked.
Just unlocked some cheats I already had anyway! :-S
Mon 29/11/04 at 13:42
Regular
"Bow to me!"
A GBC game would never be better than a N64 game. That was only there to make some money off the name PD.
Sun 28/11/04 at 01:59
Regular
The GBC prequel was bad enough.

It didn't go.
Although there was ONE nice touch I liked.
The pelargic 1 was in it and got completely ramsacked.
Perhaps that's why the President wouldn't let Trent get his grubby mits on the pelargic 2! :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.