GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SECOND HAND GAMES"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/05/01 at 12:11
Regular
I have posted this topic to make a point.
I think that spending between £40 and £60 for a new game whatever the format to me is a waste of money.
Why spend that amount on a new game when if you bide youre time and wait a few months you could probabaly get the same game a far cheaper price after it's been on the market for a few months.
Heres a exsample I wanted pd when it came out on the n64 but i wasn't allowed to get it because it was too dear but a few months later i saw it for £30 second hand.
I think that was a good example.
The cheapest game i have is Worms Armaggedon wich i bought for £4.99.
I have also got some top class games for less than £20.
Like 1080 snowboarding wich was £6.99,Lylat Wars for £14.99,Vigilante 8 for £9.99
Anyway i thimk i have made my point.
If you see a new game that has only just come out for £40 or £50,remember to wait a few months to see if you can find it second hand cheaper or slashed in priced in a big game store like Special Reserve.
Fri 18/05/01 at 23:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
Cash Converters, its now closed in Wimbledon, I just buy any game I see on the Net, but I have to send the money in the post and then wait for the game to come, its annoying not having a credit card!

:)
Fri 18/05/01 at 23:01
I love Cash Converters, saw a Nes with a lightgun in one last week...should have got it!
Fri 18/05/01 at 22:58
Regular
"everyone says it"
Second hand games, now theres something that reminds me of when I just to come home from Middle School,

I would walk past Cash Converters and always have a look at the cheap £4 SNES games they had....

I would buy them, and to this day I still enjoy Super Tennis, Unirally, KI, Oddball etc.... knowing that if the cartridge breaks, I would always have my backup second hand one.....
Fri 18/05/01 at 22:50
Regular
Sometimes the boxes are crumpled though, only a serious maniac would care.
Fri 18/05/01 at 22:33
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The Pudding wrote:
> Probably 6 months to a year before, that is why it is so
> surprising!

Now that is v good!

As for the CD thing... any good store should test the cd first... many don't even buy ones that are "marked"... ie, even surface scratches that my games get from being put face down on a table won't be bought!

Sonic
Fri 18/05/01 at 20:56
The best way to get second hand games is to wait buy the counter in electronic boutique, then when someone comes in with a game say Zelda, and they offer then a measly £7 for the game you budge in and offer him £10. Hes happier, your happier and things are generally rosie. Of course the shop owner may be a bit annoyed and rightly so!
Fri 18/05/01 at 20:38
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Well what do we have here? A variety of complaints about 2nd hand CD-based games not working properly.

And you people thought cartridges were the spawn of the devil.

I've seen far less duff N64 carts than I've seen knackered PSX CD's (and the first person to reply with "That's because there are a million times more PSX CD's around" will become the subject of a torrent of verbal abuse).

So there you have it. An advantage of carts, that isn't to do with loading time. Quite rare.
Fri 18/05/01 at 19:55
Probably 6 months to a year before, that is why it is so surprising!
Fri 18/05/01 at 19:44
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The Pudding wrote:
> This was before majoras mask was out!!

How long before... some stores drop the prices a month or 2 before the game is reviewed in mags to out the old stuff. With MM, this would be about 2 months before the game was out.
Fri 18/05/01 at 19:38
This was before majoras mask was out!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.