GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 5 (SSC5)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/11/06 at 22:30
Regular
"Author of Pain"
And so as one SSC comes to an end, another rises to take its place. Such is the order of the world, the continuing cycle of life. But despite this order everything within the cosmos is not without chaos and disorder. All good things come to an end, nightmares fade into memory, and light beams at the end of our darkest tunnels.

To this end, the topic for SSC5 is:

The final few.

What few, and how final, I leave to your limitless imaginations.

Closing Date: 18th December

Minimum wordcount: 500
Maximum wordcount: 2,500

Hint: I detest poetry. A 500 word limerick or a 30 verse haiku will not win you any prizes here.

Good luck, and I look forward to reading your stories.
Mon 04/12/06 at 15:50
Regular
"I may return"
Would you be awfully offended if I sat this one out?
I got so much to do at school and dont have much time to think of a decent story, sorry
Mon 04/12/06 at 11:47
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I worked on an idea over the weekend, had it all mapped out in my head, came to the ending and thought *oh rats! Meka (I think it was) has already done something very similar :(

Back to the drawing board....
Wed 29/11/06 at 17:02
Regular
I definitely will enter this one! I felt bad at the lack of entries in the last one so even if my ideas suck I'll strain something out..
Wed 29/11/06 at 16:35
Regular
"Author of Pain"
At least, as epic as 2,500 words can be.
Wed 29/11/06 at 09:23
Regular
"Laughingstock"
The Final Few ... conjures ideas of something epic. -
Wed 29/11/06 at 08:41
"possibly impossible"
Made sticky.

Now lets hope we get more entries than last time.
Tue 28/11/06 at 22:39
Regular
"I may return"
Everpain wrote:
> Hint: I detest poetry. A 500 word limerick or a 30 verse
> haiku will not win you any prizes here.

:P
Tue 28/11/06 at 22:30
Regular
"Author of Pain"
And so as one SSC comes to an end, another rises to take its place. Such is the order of the world, the continuing cycle of life. But despite this order everything within the cosmos is not without chaos and disorder. All good things come to an end, nightmares fade into memory, and light beams at the end of our darkest tunnels.

To this end, the topic for SSC5 is:

The final few.

What few, and how final, I leave to your limitless imaginations.

Closing Date: 18th December

Minimum wordcount: 500
Maximum wordcount: 2,500

Hint: I detest poetry. A 500 word limerick or a 30 verse haiku will not win you any prizes here.

Good luck, and I look forward to reading your stories.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.