GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 5 (SSC5)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/11/06 at 22:30
Regular
"Author of Pain"
And so as one SSC comes to an end, another rises to take its place. Such is the order of the world, the continuing cycle of life. But despite this order everything within the cosmos is not without chaos and disorder. All good things come to an end, nightmares fade into memory, and light beams at the end of our darkest tunnels.

To this end, the topic for SSC5 is:

The final few.

What few, and how final, I leave to your limitless imaginations.

Closing Date: 18th December

Minimum wordcount: 500
Maximum wordcount: 2,500

Hint: I detest poetry. A 500 word limerick or a 30 verse haiku will not win you any prizes here.

Good luck, and I look forward to reading your stories.
Wed 20/12/06 at 18:40
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I didn't notice this, and its probabley the one SSC in ages I've had an idea for......
Tue 19/12/06 at 17:18
Regular
"I may return"
Machie wrote:
> Well done, great story Sleepy and all those who entered =)

:? You never said that in any I entered :(

*Sulks*

I dont care, really!

TIME TO UNSTICKY!!!
Tue 19/12/06 at 08:48
"possibly impossible"
Good choice. Come on then, on with number 6.
Tue 19/12/06 at 08:23
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Nicely judged Everpain. Well done Sleepo.
Mon 18/12/06 at 23:50
Regular
Well done Ineedsleep :)
Mon 18/12/06 at 22:58
Regular
Well done, great story Sleepy and all those who entered =)
Mon 18/12/06 at 22:46
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
:D

Thanks. Don't worry about any reference to Take That - I couldn't even name a single by them let alone an album.
Mon 18/12/06 at 21:27
Regular
"I may return"
Well done Sleepy =D
Mon 18/12/06 at 19:32
Regular
"Author of Pain"
I have to say that I'm really pleased with the general quality of offerings for this (I sound like a bloody school teacher). There was a great diversity in the writing as well.

It's very tough to choose a winner, because each story has its own defenite merits.

However, there can be only one winner. Because of the simplicity of the story, and the fact that it is not only realistic, but easy to identify with, the winner is:

Ineedsleep!!

Of course, this decision is made on the condition that the next SSC has nothing to do with Take That albums, and ownership thereof.
Mon 18/12/06 at 16:34
Regular
"I may return"
Hahaha, I bet I won! :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.