GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOTABLE ELECTION OF JUNE 7TH. SEE THE RESULTS THREAD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 21:08
Regular
We are holding the next election for one Notable on June 7th.

If you want to vote in this election then you will need to be here on this thread ON JUNE 7th.

That's unless you are not able to be here, then you can VOTE EARLY providing you declare that you can't make it on the 7th.

Notables are voted on the basis of their contribution to these forums. You don't just vote for your best mate. Ask yourself who you think has made these forums such an interesting place for discussion.

Everybody has ONE VOTE. You can only suggest one name. To vote you state "I vote for "Nickname".

If, like Grix, you have two accounts you must only use one of them to vote once. If you vote more than once your first vote will count, or if you do it deliberately then you will be excluded from the vote.

DON'T VOTE until June 7th.

You will waste your vote if you vote for:
An existing notable
A member of staff, even staff regulars cannot be elected.
A newbie

YOU CAN ONLY VOTE FOR A REGULAR

VOTING CLOSES at MIDNIGHT on JUNE 7th.

That should cover it. Oh - it was Sheepy who suggested that we hold our election on Polling Day.
Page:
Fri 18/05/01 at 20:38
Regular
Vote for me and I will ask Tony very nicely to make it so that when people type a smiley face :-) it'll be posted as a graphic of a smiley face like on MSN messenger :-)
Fri 18/05/01 at 20:37
Regular
I'm not sure if I'll ever make it to notable status.
Most the people in this forum still get me mixed up with Dan2K1.
What's more, 3 of the existing Notables are already Ninty's...

If you still want to vote for me though...

:-)
Fri 18/05/01 at 17:33
"possibly impossible"
Cheers guys, but I don't really mind either way whether I become a Notable, would be nice though. Last time I was just happy to get a couple of votes.

I think the main problem is that I'm not on here all the time, the main reason is that I have to work, then get dragged out by my wife to do various tasks that would have Hercules weeping.

Luckily I manage to avoid upsetting people when I post about one machine or another, I just see the good in all of them. If I had things my way I would own them all, but money doesn't grow on trees, no matter how many times I've watered that £5 note. And yes, I'd even get the X-box, given a while to see how its support base fares.

Damn, this is supposed to be a chatter forum, isn't it. I've gone and blown it with a long topic now. Wonder if Tony will get angry, I hate it when he splits his trousers and goes green like that....
Fri 18/05/01 at 17:16
Regular
"Back in black"
well looks like i will be voting for myself as i cant see anyone else doing so! :(
Fri 18/05/01 at 16:26
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Ant wrote:
> Ok, I have chosen.

My vote goes to.......PB!!!

PB... good call Antiloper...

I've only just realised how many regulars really should be notables...

Its gonna be a tough call...
Fri 18/05/01 at 16:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Voting is on June 7th.

A ballots should remain close to your chest so as not to bias opinions.

My god people, have you ever voted before?
Fri 18/05/01 at 16:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ok, I have chosen.

My vote goes to.......PB!!!

I chose pb as I believe he is one of the most intellectual, unbiased and overall coolest guys on FOG.

My apologies go to er-no and SHEEPY, who were right behind him.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Fri 18/05/01 at 14:11
"High polygon count"
pb wrote:
> I've spoken to a lot of people on MSN and I've got a
> general idea of what a lot of you are like.

Indeed. It's not good, is it?

In fact, this lot are my primary reason for removing MSN from my system! ;-p

(Just kidding!)
Fri 18/05/01 at 14:09
"possibly impossible"
I'll have to look carefully through the posts to see who gets my vote. If I want to vote properly, I'll need to take into account people's character and the quality of their posts too.

I've spoken to a lot of people on MSN and I've got a general idea of what a lot of you are like.

At the moment Your Honour and M16 are down in my list, but I've got a lot of reading to do...
Fri 18/05/01 at 11:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No I was clearly defending myself.

From an egg.

Defending myself from an egg.
Yep.
Certainly not taking out my frustrations on a mullet-haired, grinning, slack-jawed yokel that smiles even whilst being slapped.

"oooh..foxy boxing..is there anything Fox can't bring me?"
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.