GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Onions please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/01/05 at 18:45
Regular
"NULL"
Any initial thoughts on: [URL]http://rallyxpics.xyme.net[/URL]. Cheers.
Regular
"NULL"
Any initial thoughts on: [URL]http://rallyxpics.xyme.net[/URL]. Cheers.
Quite a bad crash, but not the worst I've seen.
Fri 21/01/05 at 18:54
Regular
Wow man, thats pretty cool.

...On another note, how do you manage to get all of these 'freelancy' types of jobs?

EDIT: Just noticed one quite humerous font error.

Check the bottom

It looks like it says

"Bum to photo"
Fri 21/01/05 at 19:04
Regular
"NULL"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Wow man, thats pretty cool.
>
> ...On another note, how do you manage to get all of these 'freelancy'
> types of jobs?

By word of mouth - this site is a redesign for an old client. I'm absolutely snowed under at the moment with work! I would be worried that it's interfering with my degree, but I was in the top 15% in the year in my exams last week! :)

>
> EDIT: Just noticed one quite humerous font error.
>
> Check the bottom
>
> It looks like it says
>
> "Bum to photo"

Lol - all the text will be proper text in the final thing, thus removing the "amusing" anti-aliasing side effects!
Fri 21/01/05 at 19:20
Regular
"Bicycle"
Sweet!

Also - yeah, how much do you make for freelancing, and how do you advertise for these kind of jobs?
Fri 21/01/05 at 19:25
Regular
"Bicycle"
Eeeew!

Just saw the coding, and damn, that's ugly.

Use some Standards, please!
Fri 21/01/05 at 19:26
Regular
"NULL"
Ignore the code - the code is just there to stick an image on a page with a coloured background. I assure you the coding will be much nicer when it's a web site.
Fri 21/01/05 at 19:51
Regular
"NULL"
Coin wrote:
> Also - yeah, how much do you make for freelancing, and how do you
> advertise for these kind of jobs?

It really depends - at the end of the day, I'm only a student, so I can't charge as much as a full time professional. The best way to work out a quote for a site is to ask yourself "at what amount would I decline the work?". So if you are asked to do a site, and the customer asks you to do it for £XX, would you do it? That figure should then be your quote - it's fair for you, it's fair for them.

I must admit though, I often charge based on what I think they'll pay, which can be higher if I know a very quick way to do what they want, they might think there is more work involved than there actually is. But at the end of the day, it's up to them whether they go ahead with it or not.

In terms of advertising, I don't really. I have a website, and I put a link back to my site on every site I do, but in the 4 years I've had my site, I've never had any customers from it. It's mainly there to show off my portfolio to potential clients I might have been in contact - i.e. I can point them to my web site for examples of my work.

Most of the jobs I've had have been from the town where I used to live, or even the street where I used to live. The exception to that is this site, which I'm doing for a friend of a teacher at my old school. Like I say, almost exclusively word of mouth.
Fri 21/01/05 at 19:57
Regular
"Bicycle"
Interesting...

But how much do you get paid for the average job?
Fri 21/01/05 at 19:57
Regular
Wow I like it from a customers point of veiw it has IMPACT I like it a lot, but then I like motorsport so am biased well done!

Kev

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.