GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hey guys"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 19:25
Regular
This is the part where I beg for help.

I rarely ask for help from you gaylords, because the truth is, the majority of you are idiots.
Anyway, that's the flattery out of the way...

Physics - the subject of joy. I'm stuck on this question.

It's worth 3 marks. Anyway;

"The resistance of a length of bare uniform resistance wire is 30 ohms. The length of wire is folded into the shape of a square and the ends soldered together as shown below

(a picture of a square with an ohmmeter connected to it) - [URL]http://firestorm.staghosting.com/image.jpg[/URL]

What value of resistance would the ohmmeter read if it is connected as shown at the mid-points of opposite sides to the square?
(You may ignore the resistance of the ohmmeter leads)"

Cheers for any help people - I'm honestly at a loss.
And merm, if you claim it's 600 joules, I will hit you.
Tue 18/01/05 at 20:02
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Then try to say that if the wire is bent this may effect the resistance, I know I’m contradicting myself but I remember my coursework last year about if the wire in not straight there is a tiny bit more resistance.
Regular
"SOUP!"
Yeah.... YEAH!
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would have got it if i done physics, but chemistry was just too superior.
Tue 18/01/05 at 20:04
Regular
I did SG chemistry and preferred it to physics.

So I took physics at higher.

...?
Tue 18/01/05 at 20:04
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Must be hard to know your getting dumb, may I suggest eating cake, its life back alley.
Tue 18/01/05 at 20:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Who got a Band 1 A at Higher Physics.

mememememememememememe

And I failed every single unit test... take that Mr McHardon.
Tue 18/01/05 at 20:10
"I love yo... lamp."
Hmm.

7.5 Ohms

Resistances in parallel. 1/15 + 1/15 = 2/15. Invert. 15/2 = 7.5

But then it's been about 10 years since I last did phyciscs or electronic engineering, so I take no responsibility.
Tue 18/01/05 at 20:12
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That's the right answer.

If it's in series it divided among them... if I remember, which I don't.
Tue 18/01/05 at 20:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Those unit tests were a bit silly, though they did allow me to flex my brain muscle as i came top of the class for half of them.

Pwnzerous, thats the best description for me in those days. Once you get to uni it all gets a bit more intense though, finding yourself having to read through numerous books just to grasp the basic concepts behind what the hell is going on.

:(
Tue 18/01/05 at 20:13
Regular
"SOUP!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Mr McHardon.

Mc Hard On

Like a McDonalds Erection?

BWAHAHAH!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.