GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 16:06
Regular
I know every good game takes time to work on,test and produce but publishers keep pusing deadlines futher and futher back.

Resident evil code veronica for the ps2 was supposed to be a quick conversion and should have been out in late febuary,it's been pushed back to june,august and now september.

Alot of the playstation 2 games are taking a long time and if it's needed then fine but it's taking too long for some of them.
Sat 19/05/01 at 20:28
Regular
If you didn`t change it, and it is already correct, then it would have been on Summer time already.
Sat 19/05/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Could be. I thought that I had to change it myself. I think I also changed my DC clock aswell.
Sat 19/05/01 at 19:40
Regular
I changed it. I waited until the morning after the time change, (just in case) and then had to alter it. Apart from that it seems alright.

However, it does seem to gradually lose time. Every so often I notice it has dropped a little behind. Could this be from holding the reset button when powering down? Is there a slight pause in the clock during a reset? It is possible that something is holding the clock back a little.
Sat 19/05/01 at 19:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I was also amazed at this when I first set up my PS2. It also keeps it in there. I wonder if it works like a PC does. The DC has the same type of thing but needs to be reset if the rechargable battery runs out. Also when we went to DST did the PS2 change the time itself as I think I might have changed it, I cant remember now. Did anyone have to change it?
Sat 19/05/01 at 19:30
Regular
big_slow wrote:
> i turned on my ps2 4 the first time and it asked me if it was winter
> time or summer time(u know the 1hour forward-backward thin) and i
> put in winter. thats all i did i it showed the time in hours mins
> and secs. how did ot do that? please tell me if i put the time in
> myself as i cant remember and its annoying.

It does it itself I think. I didn`t put in the time.
Sat 19/05/01 at 19:12
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
144 wrote:
> From the way things are looking I dont think any hardcore gamer can
> survive on a Ps2 only the best thing is also to have a DC. I wonder
> if DC owners who also own a PS2 are getting Code Veronica Complete
> for Ps2 especially if they have already comleted the DC
> version.

Iam thinking about it. As the PS2 version has got some extra stuff in it. If its only the extra 10 mins of footage telling you more about Wesker then I dont think I will get it. If they released it with the Wesker DVD, the game with a few new weapons and areas then yes I will. I am a big fan of the RE series, it would be nice to have it for the PS2 but I already have completed the DC version. And if theres no new stuff then it could be a waste of money.

Also I would like to get the X-Box. I havent pre-ordered it yet as I still want to know what launch games are coming out and what games will be out shortly after. I pre-ordered the PS2 even before the launch in Japan. I knew I wanted this console as the games that were confirmed I wanted to play. The launch was a little hairy as lack of decent games. There were a few but not enough. Then a 5 month period of me not buying a new game for it. But now we have a load of top quality games which will be out by the end of the year, and some are out in a month or two.
I like the idea of having the hard disk and modem being built in to the X-Box as games makers know each person will have it. For the PS2 maybe 75% will buy the add on. This means that games that need to use the hard disk and modem will only be sellable to these people, meaning a higher chance the game wont sell as many copies. If this happens, less games will be totally dependant on the hard disk and modem. But with the X-Box game developers can use the hard disk and modem a bit more effeciently.

When is the USA date for the release of the X-Box? What about the UK?
Sat 19/05/01 at 18:47
i turned on my ps2 4 the first time and it asked me if it was winter time or summer time(u know the 1hour forward-backward thin) and i put in winter. thats all i did i it showed the time in hours mins and secs. how did ot do that? please tell me if i put the time in myself as i cant remember and its annoying.
Sat 19/05/01 at 11:11
Regular
Devil May Cry isn`t it, and PSM2 are raving about it.

As for the comment about PSM2 saying that all the good games are out next year, I`m sure that is a major exaggeration or even a lie. The Getaway, Wipeout Fusion, MGS2 and others are probably still set for the end of this year, though the dates are unconfirmed. Then there are the titles in the nearer future such as GT3 and Red Faction.

The only other stunners I`m not sure about are Devil May Cry, and the game from Naughty Dog.
Sat 19/05/01 at 10:48
Regular
until resident evil four comes out for PS2 and not dreamcast
Sat 19/05/01 at 10:44
Regular
From the way things are looking I dont think any hardcore gamer can survive on a Ps2 only the best thing is also to have a DC. I wonder if DC owners who also own a PS2 are getting Code Veronica Complete for Ps2 especially if they have already comleted the DC version.

I was reading my PSM2 and found out that most good games are coming out early next year, infact by November there will be very good games out one reason for this is probably because the Xbox launch is near, the USA date has already been confirmed.

Is anyone getting the Xbox? What do you guys prefer, the Ps2 HD and modem or an Xbox which has all this built in?
Considering that developers are not sure whether to use the power of the Hard Drive and the broadband modem because they arent sure if Ps2 owners will get it (the HD which SONY say it will make games more smoother) or an Xbox which developers are sure that the Hard DRive will be used as it is in the console.

By the time Resident Evil 4 is out on Ps2 the Xbox is going to be out in the UK - I think ????!!!!!!! But even with the Xbox we will still be gettting games last.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.