GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can Chelsea Do It?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/01/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Bicycle"
So? Can they?

Hundred millions pounds later, 'Chelski' are the first real challenge to Manchester United's unprecedented Treble. Only difference is, they're going for the Quad.

A breif look at any Chelsea teamsheet will show their class. A solid defence, Cech is one of the best in the world at the moment, second only to Buffon in my books, Terry and Gallas are rocks at the back, with Bridge and Ferriera offering support on the wings. However, both of these players are weak - they have been unlocked on more than one occasion, generally leading to those rare goals. Admittedly, this isn't often, but you build from the back. The midfield is stunning. Robben, Duff - arguably the best wingers in the country. Their pace is outstanding, and they both have the skill and finishing to create goals from anywhere. Lampard runs the game, his determination and goal-scoring ability give him the keys to any teams defence, and Makelele is invaluable with the ammount of attacks he breaks up. Up front is where you'll find the weakness, although neither Drogba or Gudjonssen can be called weak - but they still don't rival the likes of Thierry Henry and Ronaldo. They have the squad, but there are holes that could well be picked at over the end of the season, as players begin to tire.

The European Champions League, will be their hardest challenge, their Everest. Mouriniho, who won it last year with a Porto side who, at the start of the season, wouldn't have challenged a fly, is the man for the job. They have the experience as well - Makalele, Drogba and Smertin, to name a few - to go all the way. But with oppositon such as Real Madrid and AC Milan, do they really have what it takes?

As for the 'Barclaycards' Premiership, they've already got one foot through the door. 7 precious points from holders Arsenal, they look odd's on. But Arsenal's squad is fit, and, while it may not have the depth of that million-pound squad, it does have the experience of winning it, and it takes a lot to do that. Only 4 points behind Arsenal are Manchester United, who have won the league more times than any other, who are known for their late finishes. Don't count them out, they already proved they have the strength and resilience to come back and fight for it. Chelsea are certainly the favorites for this one.

The FA Cup and the Carlings Cup are certainly possible, with few challenges in the way, and Chelsea's huge squad have the size to cope with the ammount of strain these put on the team's performances in the major competitions.

Personally, I don't think so. The Premiership, and maybe the Carlings or FA, but though they have the ability, but I don't believe they are there - yet.
Sun 16/01/05 at 15:54
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Colourless wrote:
> It's so funny the way people actually think this is the case....

So Apart from Lamps, Gudjohnsen, Bridge, (Gallas) and Terry, who regularly plays in your first team that has been here for 2 seasons or more.

Face it. The team that plays on the pitch now, has a minimum of 6 "new" players on the pitch. You are no longer the stumblers and bunglers of a few years ago. Alot of money has hugely raised the quality and size of your squad.

EDIT: "Chelski" is an accurate sign of your change.
Sun 16/01/05 at 15:07
Regular
"Colourless"
Clazon wrote:
> But you're not chelsea anymore.

It's so funny the way people actually think this is the case....

I might be wrong, but I reckon "jealous" has something to do with it.......

:D
Sun 16/01/05 at 15:06
Regular
"Colourless"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Colourless wrote:
> Er... where have we seen a cocky chelsea fan?
>
> [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=116672&forumid=293[/URL]
>
> OMG!11
>
> :)

I said "fan" not "tw*t"..... :)
Sun 16/01/05 at 15:03
Regular
"Colourless"
Clazon wrote:
> But you're not chelsea anymore.

But you're not champions anymore.....

(Man Utd will be....)
Sun 16/01/05 at 14:49
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I don't think they can do the quad. No way. The double maybe, even the triple. I just don't think they are strong enough for the champions league. I think Barca will beat them.
Fri 14/01/05 at 21:38
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Kawada wrote:

> called a tounge-in-cheek comment :-D

Yours or mine?

:D
Fri 14/01/05 at 21:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Clazon wrote:
> Kawada wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> a load of pro arsenal nonsense
>
> An intelligent factual contribution.

called a tounge-in-cheek comment :-D
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Colourless wrote:
> Er... where have we seen a cocky chelsea fan?

[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=116672&forumid=293[/URL]

OMG!11

:)
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Kawada wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> a load of pro arsenal nonsense

An intelligent factual contribution.

> Yes but looking at the fixture list you still have to play us again
> in the season and as everyone knows the curse of 'pretty boy' Phil
> Neville is too strong for you to overcome :-D

You forget. This is the Man U beating year.

(They go in annual cycles you see. Once every 3 years or something, we have beaten Man U in the second meeting between them in the Premiership.)
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Colourless wrote:
> By the way, there's no chance of us winning four.
>
> I'd be ecstatic with just winning the premiership, but somehow,
> knowing chelsea, I know that we wont do it.....

But you're not chelsea anymore.

You're the Abramovich Experience feat. Jose

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.