GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Bands 2005"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/01/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, last year we had Razorlight, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand...

This year however, what are we gonna get?

I know Bloc Party are gonna probably break properly, they've been around for quite a while but they seem to have finally started to get good exposure.

It was also in November/December 2003 that I heard Keane for the first time and they went on to have one of the best selling albums of the year. The Bravery have caught my ears this time. Unconditional was a great little tune, the new one is good too. I can see them being pretty big.

Kaiser Chiefs released a great song too, their new one is a bit poo but I suppose it will grow on me. I wasn't sure of Franz Ferdinand at first but some of their songs were pretty good after listening to them enough. They'll probably be around somewhere.

Idlewild are also releasing another album, woooooo! I loved their last one and the first song off of their new album sounds pretty good, although it does remind me of Avril Lavigne and 'Nobody's Home!'

What else have I missed?

Oh, Foo Fighters and Coldplay have got new albums. Coldplay will get lots of people depressed while the Foo Fighters will either have a great or crap album, there won't be an 'inbetween' rating!
Fri 13/05/05 at 10:39
Regular
In a perfect world Jack Johnson and Ben lee would get more recognition this year, but they're too underground.
Fri 13/05/05 at 10:27
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Hopefully Ryan Adams will get a bit bigger this year. He's got a double album ready to be released and he's playing Glastonbury.

That reminds me, gotta get my tickets for his Birmingham gig later.
Thu 12/05/05 at 22:01
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Asher wrote:
> Nine Black Alps

Would've seen them at the Academy 3 if Futureheads weren't playing the same night. Why did that have to happen?

BUt The Mystery Jets are going to be the underground band of the year. Zootime is an absolute tune.
Thu 12/05/05 at 20:33
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Your code name is :Milo has grabbed my attention this year.
Thu 12/05/05 at 20:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Do Me Bad Things seem to be quite good, they're like another Scissor Sisters but more 'funky.'
Thu 12/05/05 at 18:48
Regular
Nine Black Alps
Thu 12/05/05 at 00:30
Regular
"8==="
Journalists don't know ****.

A lot of them are jaded and failed musicians or are sucking up to the industry and not the talent.

All the crap written about Vex Red is a good example. Great band, that's not going anymore which encountered so much jealousy from the industry for making it in one go by actually having a lot of talent.

Sure it's bad if you've slogged for 5 years to get noticed, but crap is still crap and thosethat can't evolve (not sell-out mind you) and take different approaches are usually going to be stuck.
Wed 11/05/05 at 23:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
This Is Life Affirming Stuff, One Of The Best Bands Around, Unbridled Genius, THE Band of 2005

All comments that tell you one thing - use your brain.
Wed 11/05/05 at 23:38
Regular
"8==="
Most of these bands are to be avoided at all costs.

Stuff you lot.
Wed 11/05/05 at 23:28
Regular
"I like cheese"
down wrote:
> I'm quite depressed I put Athlete, I really loved their first album
> but their second was so disappointing.
>
> Damn them and their tendency to pop.

You're kidding, right?

Their first album was very poppy, and he put on that really annoying accent to a bunch of songs more suited to a kids birthday party.

Meanwhile, their second album is far, far greater. No stupid accent this time, and there's some real emotion in many of the tracks. It's much slower, and much better than their first album.

Wires is a beautiful song.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.