GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Bands 2005"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/01/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, last year we had Razorlight, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand...

This year however, what are we gonna get?

I know Bloc Party are gonna probably break properly, they've been around for quite a while but they seem to have finally started to get good exposure.

It was also in November/December 2003 that I heard Keane for the first time and they went on to have one of the best selling albums of the year. The Bravery have caught my ears this time. Unconditional was a great little tune, the new one is good too. I can see them being pretty big.

Kaiser Chiefs released a great song too, their new one is a bit poo but I suppose it will grow on me. I wasn't sure of Franz Ferdinand at first but some of their songs were pretty good after listening to them enough. They'll probably be around somewhere.

Idlewild are also releasing another album, woooooo! I loved their last one and the first song off of their new album sounds pretty good, although it does remind me of Avril Lavigne and 'Nobody's Home!'

What else have I missed?

Oh, Foo Fighters and Coldplay have got new albums. Coldplay will get lots of people depressed while the Foo Fighters will either have a great or crap album, there won't be an 'inbetween' rating!
Sat 21/05/05 at 14:38
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
My Conor > all else
Sat 21/05/05 at 14:37
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Million Dead, Million Dead, Million Dead.

The new album WILL bring them to the success they deserve.
Thu 19/05/05 at 13:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
[URL]http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend05/sun_second/[/URL]

Took me aages to find them, but all the live sets from 1BW are here. Listening to The Magic Numbers now, they're really good live.
Wed 18/05/05 at 16:27
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The Ordinary Boys' new song is great. Can't wait for the new album. That's the only album I'm really looking forward to at the moment though. Hmmm.
Tue 17/05/05 at 14:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Kaiserfan wrote:
> Yes i borrowed the Bright Eyes album Im Wide Awake Its Morning and its
> pure amazing

Get everything he's ever recorded. It's all absolute gold.

And Maximo Park's album was released yesterday. Listening to it now.

Buy it, hoves.
Tue 17/05/05 at 13:39
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
;-)

sorry about your window
Tue 17/05/05 at 13:30
Regular
"Excellent"
Yes i borrowed the Bright Eyes album Im Wide Awake Its Morning and its pure amazing
Sat 14/05/05 at 11:03
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Any young man with a guitar is always going to be compared to Dylan, unfortunately.

ANd none of them can match Subterreanean Homesick Blues. Not even my beloved Bright Eyes.
Fri 13/05/05 at 17:19
Regular
All these bands being recommended are like the NME upsurge though. Willy Mason is solid enough but not the closest thing to Bob Dylan?
Fri 13/05/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Excellent"
You forgot about a young singer songwriter who in my opinion is the closest thing youll get to Bob Dylan and that is Willy Mason great singer and recommend you buy his album Where The Humans Eat straight away

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.