GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And now, we have some "Mor" good news..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/01/05 at 00:52
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Here's from the Official Liverpool Website:

Rafael Benitez claimed after the Watford game that a deal to bring Fernando Morientes to Anfield could be completed within hours and would enable the Spanish international to make his debut against Manchester United.
Benitez told liverpoolfc.tv: "At this very moment in time, I can not say that Morientes is a Liverpool player but I believe we are very close to a deal and it could happen in a couple of hours time. We have spoken about him for two weeks now and the player wants to join Liverpool which is a good thing.

"We are ready for his arrival as soon as a deal can be completed. I'm not sure how player registration works in England but we are hopeful that he could be ready for the weekend. We will use the player as soon as possible. The important thing is he wants to come to Liverpool and play for us."
------------------

Sir Mori, we salute you, and may you bag a Hat-Trick against the Exeter whipping boys, and show their strikers how it's done :D
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:22
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Kawada wrote:
> Got to say now i know how Liverpool fans feel every time Mike Riley
> shows up at a game. Bennett is our Riley, bloody blowing everything
> that involved our players just looking menacingly at the Pool players
> let alone touching them.

Ya won what are ya still yapping for!?!

>I mean the Fortune yellow card was just pathetic,
> first offence for when he came on and it was a pull back of the shirt
> in Pool's area. Granted i'd understand a yellow being given if he was
> one of few defenders pulling the guy back from knocking in a cross or
> something but in that area of the pitch and for the first offence it
> was soft.

In my opinion Fortune fully deserved his yellow card. Most of the scum players were in our half and a break was on which would likely have led to a scoring oppertunity. Fortune prevented the break which in my opinion warrents a yellow card.
Mon 17/01/05 at 20:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think Morientes will still be a big hit at Anfield.

While he is undoubtabley a world-class talent, you must also remember he's been warming the bench too often at Real Madrid. He hasn't played regularly enough and as happy as he was to end his 'nightmare', he's still short on the goal-scoring match practice. And a little fitness.

In the highlights I saw of Saturday's game though, he could be ideal to Liverpool's situation. I've always thought of Mellor and even Pongolle as rather 'static' strikers, as opposed to Baros or Cissé. When your stuck with these two, it's not good. When Morientes is on the ball though, he'll make something of it. He'll move for it. And, more often than not, he'll get on the end of every ball that enters the penalty box.

He's got that 'natural' quality about him... I can see it.

He'll come VERY good before the end of this season - he's no Patrick Kluivert, that's for sure! :)
Mon 17/01/05 at 12:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Got to say now i know how Liverpool fans feel every time Mike Riley shows up at a game. Bennett is our Riley, bloody blowing everything that involved our players just looking menacingly at the Pool players let alone touching them.

A while back i wrote a post saying just how soft football has gotten and that it's quite quickly turning into netball and soon no contact at will be allowed. There were probably only about 15 fouls in the whole game yet in the end we had a total of 41 fouls. It's a local derby for god sake. I mean the Fortune yellow card was just pathetic, first offence for when he came on and it was a pull back of the shirt in Pool's area. Granted i'd understand a yellow being given if he was one of few defenders pulling the guy back from knocking in a cross or something but in that area of the pitch and for the first offence it was soft.

Saying that the idiot Brown did deserve to be sent off for his yellows despite Riise auditioning for the olympic high jump team of Norway. :-D God knows why Fergie picked him when O'Shea who is so much better was left on the bench.

But after all that got to say - Dodgy keeper once again, the curse of United strikes Jerzy once again :-D
Sun 16/01/05 at 19:44
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Did I say dangerously? I meant recklessly :P
Sun 16/01/05 at 19:14
Regular
Virtuoso wrote:
and the rest of the time, he was flinging himself dangerously into tackles :P

Thats Roy Keane at his best! :P
Sun 16/01/05 at 18:43
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Keane though, he hit the bar once with a great shot, and the rest of the time, he was flinging himself dangerously into tackles :P
Sun 16/01/05 at 17:39
Regular
Virtuoso wrote:
> Keane weren't your best player aswell, it was Scholes :P

Keane was more consistent. Scholes was playing like a school kid for the first 20 mins or so, his zidane-like touch had totally deserted him, and his passing was crap.
Sun 16/01/05 at 17:24
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Showed a lot of promise especially considering its his first game over here. He'll come good.

And he only cost £300k more than Beattie! Ahahaha!
Sun 16/01/05 at 14:17
Regular
fukz u m8

But yeah, he was class yesterday I thought.
Sun 16/01/05 at 13:35
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Forza wrote:

I thought it was Silvestre to be honest.
-------------

Yes, well Scottish opinions don't count.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.