GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Muslims Hated?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/01/05 at 20:00
Regular
A programme shown on channel 4 earlier. Quite unbiased and none-hysterical. The premise - Islamaphobia, myth or reality?

There's no doubt really that there are a great many ignorant and hate filled people in this country who are just looking for anyone to blame for their crappy lives. The scapegoat of choice seems to be anyone with even a passing resemblance to our pal, Osama Bin Laden. That'll be a huge percentage of the Muslim community then.

The line between Islamaphobia and Racism becomes blurred all too often though. Let's face it, these small minded individuals are only really capable of distinguishing one skin colour from another, it becomes far too complicated for them to consider that 'good', 'honest' white folk may in fact be practising Muslims too. They are far less discriminating when it comes to tarring people with their brush of condemnation.

The programme put an interesting point across - it is in a great many peoples interests to fuel the belief that Islamaphobia is rife, when in fact cases of it are far less widespread than they'd lead you to believe. A few extra votes perhaps for Muslim politicians. Vote for Mohammed or you're an ISLAMAPHOBE!! Anyone who speaks out against the Religion is branded an Islamaphobe. Anyone who chooses a Christian over a Muslim is an Islamaphobe.

On the other side of the coin, it is also in many folks interests to fuel the tension between both religious groups by inciting fear and hatred. It seems the majority of our population consists of open-mouthed daily star reading oxygen thieves, who share a common mentality. That being none. There was a much famed case where a mural of a pig was to be constructed in a town square. I forget just why it was to be put there, but that is irrelevant. The architect/artists and town officials got together, and decided to put the idea on hold as they feared the sight of a pig may offend the Muslim community. No research was done into this, was it genuine mature concern, or textbook paranoid political correctness? Unknown, but the resultant reaction would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. Nazi skin-headed tossfaces travelled from nationwide to daub swastikas all over local garden walls. They had assumed that those evil Osamas had stifled their rights as tax-paying 'English' folk.

It seems our nanny state politically correct gone mad society points its finger at anyone who dares to question the validity of the Islamic religion. This hysterical reaction does not occur with any other religion practised in our 'free thinking' society. After 9/11 the collective mind of the west is determined to condemn the actions whilst stress that the Muslim faith does not endorse violence. Of course, those with more than half a brain know this already and are capable of accepting that a handful of lunatics do not represent millions (perhaps billions) of Muslims worldwide. But it's those mouth breathers again. They need someone to hate, and the government has to step in and educate them in the ways of the world before those torches are lit and those pitchforks are fetched from the barn. It doesn't appear to be doing a good job of it.

A law is apparently going to be passed where it will be illegal to slander any religion publically. It appears, ladies and gentlemen, that our society is de-evolving back to the dark ages. People will soon be scared to question anything relating to religion. Anyone who dares to ask the 'wrong' questions will be branded a heretic and burnt at the stake. It's truly pathetic. And we all know that this is just down to a few paranoid, neurotic crackpots, sitting in our government 'think tanks', deciding how we should live our lives.

I hate the Islamic religion, but not half as much as I hate the Christian religion, particularly those who use it as a tool to decide how we should live and die, or as justification for killing thousands. This is the case on both sides though. As for other religions, I'm undecided. I've had enough religion forced down my throat, in school, through the media, and through close minded holier than thou types to sour me on the whole religion family. I have no doubt that there are great things to be learnt from all faiths, but for the sake of these mouth-breathing, paranoid cretins, who see religion as an excuse to hate others, or a way of looking down on others, I just can't abide it.

Obviously to ban all religion would be to deny people the right to choose, and that would be even worse, but there must be some solution to such worldwide insanity/idiocy. My money is on Batman.
Fri 14/01/05 at 16:36
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
In conclusion, religion is the cause of all war.

Down with the believers!
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
edit ah forget it can't be bothered to argue, you can hold that opinion if you want, it's wrong but ah well
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:06
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
I know for a fact that muslims are hated in the USA, well ever since 11th September. I know that was a bad disaster, but what people need to realise like the Christian Religion is that, Islam has many different sects. I have some muslim friends and they are kind people, and would never consider hurting anyone. But then you've gotta admit that there are alot of muslim ******* out there, i.e. Osama BinLaden, Moqtada al-Sadr, which would be better off if they were dead or hated.

But then on the other hand, during every kind of war, the government/people (for psychological reasons) paint the enemy as evil. It is necessary for a race to be hated, in-order to justify an action or event. If a bomb gets dropped on 1,000 people who are hated by a nation, the people wont care, they would still support the governments actions... if the race are not hated, the government will start to lose support and faith.
Thu 13/01/05 at 16:13
Regular
"wow"
Me thinks the opinion came 100% from that programme which was proably aimed at stopping anti-muslim behaviour. Way to fall for propaganda man.

In any case i love muslims, though i don't believe in any god myself they are some interesting and in many cases funny people that i have seen, they aren't caught up in the own drama. In saying that there are a few who have clearly gone too far and are trying to drag this religion down with them.

Oh, and i disagree with the whole men better than woman thing.
Thu 13/01/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mm, I'm thinking of writing to them and asking them to carve an idol in the shape of an idol. And perhaps officially designate explosions as manifestations of divinity.
Thu 13/01/05 at 15:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Light wrote:
> I've got a lot of time for Zaraostranists. And essentially, they worship fire. As we all know, fire is big and clever.
---

I've found the official religion of Manland.
Thu 13/01/05 at 15:41
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I've got a lot of time for Zaraostranists. Admittedly, there are only about 100 of 'em worldwide but it's universally agreed on that that's the oldest religion in the world. And essentially, they worship fire. As we all know, fire is big and clever.
Thu 13/01/05 at 15:39
"High polygon count"
I like glowsticks, too.

Oh, wait...
Thu 13/01/05 at 15:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I like Gnostics, they don't bother anybody.
Thu 13/01/05 at 15:29
"High polygon count"
And I know they're Sikhs, not Muslims, but the scenes outside the Birmingham Rep don't exactly do "minority" religions any favours in terms of acceptance.

Mind you, the Christian groups sending death threats to BBC staff over the Springer opera are no better...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.