GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exeter City 0-0 Manchester United"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/01/05 at 17:20
Regular
Oh yes. A third round draw.

Replay at St. James' Park in Exeter.
Sun 09/01/05 at 18:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yet, he was still better than Sorenson...
Sun 09/01/05 at 19:31
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Probably is, but for United not to score 1 goal in 90 minutes at Old Trafford against a Non-League side is laughable.

Also got to me aswell, because United were the only team that let me down which could of won me near enough to 1K. The only team I was expecting to let me down were Celtic and they won.
Mon 10/01/05 at 08:39
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Not really, since the players that United were playing were barely worthy of a place in the non-league (in my opinion). Fergie really taking a risk by fielding a joke team and making a mockery of the FA Cup, our reserves really aren't up to scratch and nor is the manager at times.

Unlucky on the bet mind :p
Mon 10/01/05 at 12:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nice to see the media over-reacting as always. Oh my god Exeter hold United to a draw, biggest upset eva!!!!!

Had there been the likes of Ruud, Rio, Keano, Giggsy and the like in the starting line up playing the game from start to finish then yes it'd been the biggest upset ever however holding what was basically our youth team with the pretty boy Neville and safe hands Howard to a draw isn't as spectacular that's being made out to be
Mon 10/01/05 at 16:47
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Nice to see the media over-reacting as always. Oh my god Exeter hold
> United to a draw, biggest upset eva!!!!!

Hardly, it's 4 or 5 pages in from the back in the Sun.

I haven't seen one paper that's said its the biggest upset ever.
Mon 10/01/05 at 16:48
Regular
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Not really, since the players that United were playing were barely
> worthy of a place in the non-league (in my opinion).

Behave.
Mon 10/01/05 at 20:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Quinty wrote:
> Hardly, it's 4 or 5 pages in from the back in the Sun.

Not read any of the Sunday rags who had it as their main story on the back of their pages? Not watch the Sky Sports coverage? Not watch the BBC coverage?

They were all calling it a massive upset and shock especially that daft bint who hosts the football first. Hmmm i wonder how she got her job?
Mon 10/01/05 at 22:15
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> They were all calling it a massive upset and shock

It is though, isn't it?
Mon 10/01/05 at 22:18
Regular
It is.

But, of course, Man Utd fans don't see it that way.

"Oooooh, it was our reserves. Watch us as we belittle a group of new and upcoming professional footballers who are young and inexperienced in a bid to preserve our image."
Mon 10/01/05 at 23:26
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I really can't grasp some of the stupidity I'm seeing in this thread.

Its four leagues, four fecking leagues. Its a team proven in Europe, arguably the most famous in the world, and with millions of fans. They're playing a Conference team that gets gates of just over 2000 and are in huge financial crisis. You're playing them at Old Trafford.

How this can be seen as anything other than a huge, huge upset I don't know. I look at the starting line-up and there's Howard, Neville, Brown, Djembax2, Bellion, Spector and three extremely well respected subs in Scholes, Ronaldo and Smith that have also played a good chunk of time.

And you're telling me this isn't a huge upset? You're telling me these players are barely fit to play in the Conference?

Can I tell you how much, as a Woking fan, I'd kill for ANY of your 16 players on the field or bench? These guys are on anything from a few thousand to going on a hundred thousand pounds a week; its for a reason, they have talent.

I'd wager that not a single Exeter player is on more than a grand a week. They worked their socks off and shocked an unprepared United side that didn't work their socks off. That is all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.