GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God damn you Uni."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/01/05 at 15:44
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I applied to loughborough, liecester, durhum and warwick, for software and electronical engineering, and computer science.
I was hoping to go to loughborough. And do software and electronical engineering.

But i got an offer today, from loughborough, they didnt let me do it, but gave me a counter offer, a course that requires 2 C's to get into...
It's basically made up of small sections of science based subjects, like chemistry, biology, physics, IT. etc. And at the end of the year, if i do well, i can continue with the proper computer science course. Which is complete crap.
I dont want to do that, or chemistry or biology, etc...
I can get 2 C's if i slack the rest of the year. I could of got the grades in the first place.

And if i got into Software and Electronical engineering its comprised mainly of Programming and Electronics, which i the 2 things i can do best at. So it would of been an easy course. (to a certain degree)

So it just shows how crap uni entry is.

Let just hope i get into Durhum.... :S

Annoyed me that has. It really has.
Fri 07/01/05 at 21:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I applied to Collingwood as well.
Fri 07/01/05 at 21:25
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Chipseh wrote:
> Have you tracked your application to Durham on their website?

How do you do that?
Fri 07/01/05 at 21:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
aaah found it

"Your application has not yet been received by a College"

;' (
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:51
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
gerrid wrote:
> aaah found it
>
> "Your application has not yet been received by a College"

Hehe. I had a letter from Durham ages ago explaining that if you do not receive an offer before Christmas, you won't hear from Durham until the 12th of January (or later most probably). So don't worry. :)
Fri 07/01/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Tphi wrote:
> Loughborough is very sport-focused and full of jocks. :|

*high fives*
Sat 08/01/05 at 02:17
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Im pretty sporty, and was hoping to do hockey at loughborough.
Sat 08/01/05 at 15:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You have to be REALLY good, not just "I enjoy playing and I'm ok/fairly good", you have to LIVE sports.
Sat 08/01/05 at 16:25
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Chad Niga wrote:
> Im pretty sporty, and was hoping to do hockey at loughborough.

You have to train several times a week, plus their first team plays first division national league hockey if that gives you any idea of the standard!

One of my mates went there, he's good but can't get into the team purely because of the training being so hardcore and the standard being stupidly good.

Plus on 'tour' in Spain last year they were the only team to take things seriously. Everyone was just taking it easy apart from 'Boro. The dirty scum.
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I'll just have to see how it goes.
Im not being big headed, but i am great at hockey, and i'd most likely get in.
I've play loughborough many a times, they win, but individually, im just as good as them.
The posh gits.
Sat 08/01/05 at 23:26
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Maybe they would have made you an offer if you had done better at AS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.