GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God damn you Uni."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/01/05 at 15:44
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I applied to loughborough, liecester, durhum and warwick, for software and electronical engineering, and computer science.
I was hoping to go to loughborough. And do software and electronical engineering.

But i got an offer today, from loughborough, they didnt let me do it, but gave me a counter offer, a course that requires 2 C's to get into...
It's basically made up of small sections of science based subjects, like chemistry, biology, physics, IT. etc. And at the end of the year, if i do well, i can continue with the proper computer science course. Which is complete crap.
I dont want to do that, or chemistry or biology, etc...
I can get 2 C's if i slack the rest of the year. I could of got the grades in the first place.

And if i got into Software and Electronical engineering its comprised mainly of Programming and Electronics, which i the 2 things i can do best at. So it would of been an easy course. (to a certain degree)

So it just shows how crap uni entry is.

Let just hope i get into Durhum.... :S

Annoyed me that has. It really has.
Fri 07/01/05 at 15:44
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I applied to loughborough, liecester, durhum and warwick, for software and electronical engineering, and computer science.
I was hoping to go to loughborough. And do software and electronical engineering.

But i got an offer today, from loughborough, they didnt let me do it, but gave me a counter offer, a course that requires 2 C's to get into...
It's basically made up of small sections of science based subjects, like chemistry, biology, physics, IT. etc. And at the end of the year, if i do well, i can continue with the proper computer science course. Which is complete crap.
I dont want to do that, or chemistry or biology, etc...
I can get 2 C's if i slack the rest of the year. I could of got the grades in the first place.

And if i got into Software and Electronical engineering its comprised mainly of Programming and Electronics, which i the 2 things i can do best at. So it would of been an easy course. (to a certain degree)

So it just shows how crap uni entry is.

Let just hope i get into Durhum.... :S

Annoyed me that has. It really has.
Fri 07/01/05 at 15:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Good job you're not applying for english.

Durham is bloody hard to get into but you won't hear a reply until the 12th when they resume admissions. Unlucky about the course, but at least you got an offer or SOMETHING. Someone I knowonly applied to Cambridge and if he doesn't get in he's screwed until next year.
Fri 07/01/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Ouch, my friend, a boy genious with all A's the whole of his life, didnt get into cambridge.
Fri 07/01/05 at 16:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah they get so many applicants that loads of people don't get in.
Fri 07/01/05 at 16:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You will look back on this and laugh one day.

You didn't get into Loughborough!

OK, the uni is good and there's good sports facilities. But it's horribly male dominated and to get into any sports teams you've gotta be some super drugged up world hero! Plus nobdy likes anyone who goes there!

Durham however is female domainated. Not by much but 46/54 is still miles better than 61/39!

Personally I'd go for Leicester, but then, why listen to me...
Fri 07/01/05 at 17:16
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
After a short nap, I have come to sense of things, and thought not to get worked up about it, and just see what i get when i do my exams.
You never know, i might do better then expected, then be able to do what ever i want.
Fri 07/01/05 at 17:34
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Keep at it, Chad...
Fri 07/01/05 at 17:53
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
This isn't going to help much, but...

I got an offer from Durham for Computer Science just before Christmas (they even sent a "Merry Christmas!" card :S). I was honestly not expecting an offer, but they gave me one.

Have you tracked your application to Durham on their website? If you've made it to stage 3 "A college has received your application" they've let you onto the course, and the College you have applied to has to consider you.

What college did you apply for? I applied to Collingwood- maybe that has something to do with it?
Fri 07/01/05 at 17:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Loughborough is very sport-focused and full of jocks. :|
Fri 07/01/05 at 18:36
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Not to mention there's always Clearing Chad. If you do well in your exams and they have spaces left in that course just apply to them through that and they'd let you in. And there will be lots of other unis and courses in it. Never know what you'll find. Just get the grades you know you can get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.