GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3 93%???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/01 at 18:48
Regular
Just heard this from peterg:

GT3 got 93% in PSM2. This mag is usually very reliable. While the score is great, it is still less than SSX, so perhaps the game has flaws...

I was wondering if this is the import version, and would it improve.
Fri 18/05/01 at 08:25
Regular
How do you know the Jap version of GT3 is good? Have you played it?

Also, you mentioned that little glitches in the game get cleaned up before release over here. Thats my point, the Jap GT3 got 93%, so by the time its released over here they will have been sorted and so the game will probably get higher marks. If thats the case, it doesn't really matter what the Jap version got, does it?
Fri 18/05/01 at 08:18
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think it was a import review as the English version is about 2 months away.

Being in England we can actually get a pretty good deal with games. I know Japan gets them first(Not always but if the company is based in Japan). But there are always little bugs or graphical glitches that are in the game. By the time the game comes out those glitches are fixed. I think that the Japanese version of GT3 is good, well more than good. But it does have little problems. Some people have said that the A.I isnt as good as the thought it would be. Also when you win the Mercedes cup in the CLK you win a CLK, so now you have 2.

There may be other minor niggles they had with the game, but hopefully the UK game will be all fixed up and will be the best version.
Fri 18/05/01 at 07:56
Regular
adrian wrote:
> I think it lost marks as it is Japanese. Any game that you play that
> isnt in a language you know can seem not as good as if it was in
> your own language

Then why review a game you can't read? Surely it would be better to wait for the english version and review that.

Unless it was definately an import review, in which case you shouldn't worry about the score as games nearly always change in the transition to european versions.
Fri 18/05/01 at 07:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
144 wrote:
> Is the McClaren F1 in GT3 this is currently my favorite car but too
> bad I can't afford it.

I havent heard that its in the game. I dont think it will be, its not in the Japanese version, It might be in the American or English version if they decide to include it for an extra bonus. But dont hold your hopes up.
Fri 18/05/01 at 07:31
Regular
Is the McClaren F1 in GT3 this is currently my favorite car but too bad I can't afford it.
Thu 17/05/01 at 19:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Well if you are really want it now Bonus go and buy yourself a Jap PS2 and then get the game. The demo could be the one that I've already go, but hopefully it will be a new one with new courses and cars.
Thu 17/05/01 at 18:20
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Be patient my friend. The game will come.
Thu 17/05/01 at 18:04
Regular
I don't want a demo I wanted the game yesterday!!!

Too much caffiene...

No nails left...

Eyes straining...

Can't wait no longer...
Thu 17/05/01 at 18:00
playable demo? sounds cool
Thu 17/05/01 at 17:50
Regular
Just received the latest copy of OPS2M which says it will have a full review of the game next month as well as another playable demo, i hope this includes a rally course.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.