GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3 93%???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/01 at 18:48
Regular
Just heard this from peterg:

GT3 got 93% in PSM2. This mag is usually very reliable. While the score is great, it is still less than SSX, so perhaps the game has flaws...

I was wondering if this is the import version, and would it improve.
Wed 16/05/01 at 18:48
Regular
Just heard this from peterg:

GT3 got 93% in PSM2. This mag is usually very reliable. While the score is great, it is still less than SSX, so perhaps the game has flaws...

I was wondering if this is the import version, and would it improve.
Wed 16/05/01 at 18:53
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
They may of got a japanese version or somethin.Still a good score though ;-)
Wed 16/05/01 at 18:58
Regular
I was hoping for something like 96% plus, so that the PS2 had a game better than SSX. It`ll still be great, but this won`t help our arguments when the Ninty fans hear about this :-)
Wed 16/05/01 at 19:15
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
We will fight for gt3 .......won't we (:@)
Wed 16/05/01 at 19:37
Regular
ssxpro

Just to let you know this was the Jap version that was reviewed and the main problem was the the unforgiving nature of the Gran Turismo mode they were only able to complete 4.3% over the whole weekend of play.

I quote "As you're constantly fighting against the odds, you need a near perfect race to scoop gold. Beleive us when you can afford a fast car, you'll cry with happiness"

At the end of the day we do not want games we can complete in a day like Z.O.E. or shadows or memories but rather games to go back to like SSX.

You might also be intrested to know there is some info about SSX DVD but it looks like the only changes are to the exsisting characters and minor changes to Snowdream course.

There are also high score tables for SSX times and points
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:10
well atleast its the best racing game yet on ps2, and maybe the first gt on ps2 because alot of mags said gt2000 was just a polished up version of gt2
Wed 16/05/01 at 21:17
"High polygon count"
peterg wrote:
> Just to let you know this was the Jap version that was
> reviewed and the main problem was the the unforgiving nature of the
> Gran Turismo mode they were only able to complete 4.3% over the
> whole weekend of play.

Yeah well... they would mark it down if they were crap at it! :-)

Personally I think GT3 would lose a few marks compared to SSX, because it's not exactly an original concept. Okay, so snowboarding games in general aren't necessarily original, but SSX added several new features and other twists. GT3, while it is an amazing game, doesn't add much (apart from graphically) over the previous two versions.
Thu 17/05/01 at 08:10
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think it lost marks as it is Japanese. Any game that you play that isnt in a language you know can seem not as good as if it was in your own language. They might not have set the option correctly as there certain features that can be put on to help you like catch up e.t.c. Also reading posts from people they say that the A.I isnt as good as they had hoped, as when cars hit them they get a boost like in RR5. I havent played the game so I cant really comment on anything. I know that this game is harder than GT1 or 2. There are so much more race event to compete in than before. There may not be as many cars but GT2 only mainly had about 10 versions of a car, while GT3 just has the best model. Also the handling e.t.c of the cars are alot better than any of the previous games. I think reviewing imports in magazines isnt the best idea, as over here in the UK we can get enhanced games that are better than the Japanese games. For example Virtua Fighter 3tb, in Japan it was a 1 player game. In the UK a 2 player game.
When GT3 does come out over her I would expect them to correct a few flaws so the UK version should get a near perfect score.
Thu 17/05/01 at 17:50
Regular
Just received the latest copy of OPS2M which says it will have a full review of the game next month as well as another playable demo, i hope this includes a rally course.
Thu 17/05/01 at 18:00
playable demo? sounds cool

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.