GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The shortage of PS2's - how?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 19:44
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
This has nothing to do with the 'CUBE' forum but just wondered how the heck there could be a reported shortage of PS2's??? I thought every thing that breathed on this planet had a PS2?
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:11
Regular
Microsoft have shortages too???

Nintendo should rub their hands.
Thu 09/12/04 at 20:04
Regular
"-_-"
I still wanna know why this is in ninty forum :S
Thu 09/12/04 at 19:52
Regular
It's another b******t marketing ploy by Sony so people rush out and buy up all the exisiting stock.

Suez Canal my ass.
Thu 09/12/04 at 18:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Xzibit wrote:
> Anyway, I thought a boat in Russia crashed or soemthing, isn't that
> what happened?

Hahahah.

No, the shipments apparently got stuck in the Suez Canal, although why Sony are sending PS2's by boat in the first place I'm not quite sure.

Probably more likely they've messed up during the UK stock ordering or something like that and have used this as a crappy excuse to make up for their inability to complete such simple tasks. Maybe I'm wrong and their excuse is a correct one, but it just seems a bit random. Why not just fly the consoles over in the first place?
Thu 09/12/04 at 18:09
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
gerrid wrote:
> You are a sickly white child from Chelmsford or somewhere.

No, i'm not.

And what does it matter to you what I call myself, I never ask any of you why you chose your names so dont do it to me.

To stop you having an fit over my name change i'll answer your question :

I called myself Xzibit because 1) I got bored of my name and felt like a change 2) I like the sound of the name and also like his music.

If you want me to call myself 'I LOVE GERRID' then just tell me.

Anyway, I thought a boat in Russia crashed or soemthing, isn't that what happened?
Thu 09/12/04 at 18:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's stuck in the Suez canal. They're arilifting the crates of PS2s out like they were stranded refugees or something, it's ridiculous.

Oh and Stridman why the hell have you called yourself Xzibit? He's a 35 year old black rapper from LA. You are a sickly white child from Chelmsford or somewhere. It just makes you seem even more ridiculous.
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
It's just another little schemish plan Sony have come up with. They have delayed all PS2s until after Xmas so the demand rises and they sell loads next year when they "find" the stock that they "lost".

Anyway, i've been looking around most UK Websites and it looks as if Microsoft have sold out too and wont have anymore stock until Mid January.
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:13
"The Will of D."
Here is the real reason there is a shortae of PS2's. It's only a shortage of PS2 stocks in shops because a shipment I think got "lost" on it's way to England.
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:30
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> Or Fanboy-ish and talking balls.
>
> The only Sony console I have known to break is one a friend of mine
> 'drop-kicked' down the stairs by 'accident'.

I did that to my SNES, sort of, I dropped it, then tried to catch it with my foot and kicked it.

It still works fine though.
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:29
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Compare that with 1 person who has had a faulty GC (munn, and I don't
> even KNOW him),

*RAGES*

It broke my Madden disk somehow.
I looked at the back of it and it was scrateched to fook.

I've no idea how that happened.
But it can't just be Madden.
Pikmin 2, Metroid, Zelda, Skies, SUper Monkey Ball and Star Wars Rogue Leader have all crashed on it.

But consider that out of all the people I know who have PS2's, which is about 20-ish (that I know well), 3 of them have been faulty - although my mate managed to fix his - that's bad.

Although I only know two otehr people with GC's (in real life)

So that makes 1/3.

Hrmmm.

*Rages*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.