GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The shortage of PS2's - how?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 19:44
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
This has nothing to do with the 'CUBE' forum but just wondered how the heck there could be a reported shortage of PS2's??? I thought every thing that breathed on this planet had a PS2?
Tue 07/12/04 at 19:44
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
This has nothing to do with the 'CUBE' forum but just wondered how the heck there could be a reported shortage of PS2's??? I thought every thing that breathed on this planet had a PS2?
Tue 07/12/04 at 19:46
Regular
"\\"
...and they all break and everyone has to buy a new one :)
Tue 07/12/04 at 19:48
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Now that has made my night. Talk about laugh! Brilliant answer.
Tue 07/12/04 at 22:23
Regular
"thursdayton!"
He was just being honest :S
Wed 08/12/04 at 06:49
Regular
Or biased.
Wed 08/12/04 at 11:31
Regular
"hit the road jack"
.. or honest.
Wed 08/12/04 at 11:39
Regular
Or Fanboy-ish and talking balls.

The only Sony console I have known to break is one a friend of mine 'drop-kicked' down the stairs by 'accident'.

All this "All PS2s break" malarky is a load of crap dreamed up by Fanboys.
Wed 08/12/04 at 11:45
Regular
"hit the road jack"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Or Fanboy-ish and talking balls.
>
> The only Sony console I have known to break is one a friend of mine
> 'drop-kicked' down the stairs by 'accident'.
>
> All this "All PS2s break" malarky is a load of crap dreamed
> up by Fanboys.

Yes, they dont all break but most seem to suffer from a disc reading error after about two years. Effectively, it is then broken. I know three people that have had this problem.
Wed 08/12/04 at 11:54
Regular
Oh I don't doubt there are a lot of cases, but I would safely bet the percentage of fault-free PS2s is far greater than that of faulty ones.

Don't forget the DRE is also caused by neglecting to clean the fan vent at the back. It's a small flaw in the PS2's design but easily maintainable, considering you should keep any electrical equipment free from dust anyway.
Wed 08/12/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
ßulle†† wrote:
"All this "All PS2s break" malarky is a load of crap dreamed up by Fanboys."
-----

Of all the people I know owning them, I've never heard of one PS.2 breaking or even playing up just once from anybody. I've heard of PCs playing up and stuff, but the Dreamcast, strangely enough, is the only console I've heard people complain of, from first-hand experience.

'Accidents' can be funny things though. Like the guy in my class at college who managed to somehow TEAR a 900-long piece of timber in half after screwing up on his job - then saying it was an accident of the chisel's cause (to which, the teacher just laughed at him). :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.