GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will Revolution be able to play GC games ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/12/04 at 16:42
Regular
"..."
Will it ?
Fri 10/12/04 at 18:09
"period drama"
*steps back*
I know next to nothing about this, so on you go.
Fri 10/12/04 at 11:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Sony own MGM. So.. duh. Together they account for 19 percent of the DVD market.

Warner Bros., Universal and Paramount are all supporting HD-DVD. Those three studios alone account for 41 percent of all conventional DVDs sold.

It'll take more than Disney to sell Blu-Ray.
Fri 10/12/04 at 10:59
Not really. MGM and now Disney are supporting it; should have a nice divide between the two:

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4081327.stm[/URL]
Fri 10/12/04 at 10:54
Regular
"thursdayton!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> PS3 is going to use it, and (I think) some movies are on blu-ray, or
> are going to be. So it'll take off when PS3 arrives, no doubt.

I disagree. You've got a format war coming up (like VHS and Betamax back in the day) between HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. And so far Sony is looking rather lonely in being the only one supporting the latter.
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:04
Regular
Nintendo seem to be going more mainstream (which is a shame) so it is likely Revolution will be online, play movies, music and use a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray system.
Thu 09/12/04 at 20:41
"period drama"
PS3 is going to use it, and (I think) some movies are on blu-ray, or are going to be. So it'll take off when PS3 arrives, no doubt.

I'd be guessing Ninty would go with their own thing again.
Thu 09/12/04 at 20:05
Regular
"-_-"
blu ray? that was supposed to be the next big thing wasnt it (i think it was in a T3 mag a year or two ago) did it never kick off or is it popular and ive been asleep for a while?
Thu 09/12/04 at 18:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'm guessing Nintendo will buck the trend again and go with their own format, but you never know.
Thu 09/12/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Yeah I can see the Revolution being quite successful if it had Gamecube compatibility.
Plus due to Nintendo's hints at the prospect I'd say a big yes.

As for HD-DVD, I'm quite fond of the idea myself. I'd like to see the format excel, rather than see the other corporate monsters succeed with Blu-Ray....although Disney who have just announced that they will be supporting Sony et all with B-R doesn't help HD-DVD......
Wed 08/12/04 at 22:47
Regular
I think HD-DVD is cheaper and it is huge... but not as huge as blu-ray.

HD-DVD is much cheaper and Microsoft are expected to utilise it.

Nintendo may go their own way but HD-DVD is a nice idea and cheap and save Nintendo a lot of money.

But Blu-Ray is probably the future DVD format and will allow developers to port games from the PS3 to the Revolution very easily. Something Nintendo maybe eager to do to boost third party support.

But if Microsoft use HD-DVD that would be just as useful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.