GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Wavebird Controller"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/05/01 at 17:31
Regular
I think one of the best accessories of the GameCube will be the wireless controller called the Wavebird!
No more tangled up wires and it can be used up to 30 metres away! AMAZING!!!
Sat 18/05/02 at 14:53
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Edgy wrote:
>
> It's not infra-red but Radio controlled so it will most likely need
> batteries. How do I know that? Well all the magazines have said the
> same and there are 4 frequency options on a dial where the controllers
> plug in. That's to stop the radio frequencies interfering with each
> other.

Cool I can just imagine switching my frequency dial to take over from player 2(My little brotha <--Game genious) whos been winning all the PD deathmatches to send him on a suicidal rocket launching spree..

That Should teach my little brother not be so good at FPS games heh heh.
I'll definately invest in one or two of those to help me win... Mwah hah hah hah
Sat 18/05/02 at 13:49
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Anyone heard anything about the controller either Capcom or is it Namco are developing for the Gamecube?

:)
Sat 18/05/02 at 12:11
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
LOL at this, it's the oldest thing I could find!!

Look how bad the info is!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:27
I have the latest on the Wavebird!!

The design has totally changed:

It now looks exactly like the Normal GameCube controller but with a extra bit at the bottom where there is an on/off switch and a light identical to the GameBoy!

It communicates with a small grey box that plugs into the joypad port. It works at a distance of 15m but it may be kore (not that it really matters!)

The Wavebird was used at E3 to show off Nintendo's new game called Pikmin which is a cross between Lemmings and Pokemon!
Sun 20/05/01 at 11:10
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I'll probably get that when I get my Game Cube.
Sun 20/05/01 at 11:09
I found this info in www.gamespot.com

"A wireless version of the GameCube controller, called the WaveBird, will also be available at launch. WaveBird works on an RF signal and is functional from more than 30 feet away. The WaveBird controller is slightly larger than the base controller and will require batteries to function properly. A small module is inserted into the GameCube's controller port to communicate with the WaveBird while in use."

So it will need batteries, but is that a bad thing?
Sat 19/05/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
That sounds respectful. I'll probably get one!
Sat 19/05/01 at 19:29
The controller will probably be £10 more maximum than the normal one, but it will definately be one of my main purchases!
Sat 19/05/01 at 19:18
Regular
I don't think that whether it's 20 or 30 matters.

My bedroom is only about 8 metres max :-D
Sat 19/05/01 at 18:57
Regular
I thought it was 20m? I could be wrong though.

It's not infra-red but Radio controlled so it will most likely need batteries. How do I know that? Well all the magazines have said the same and there are 4 frequency options on a dial where the controllers plug in. That's to stop the radio frequencies interfering with each other.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.