GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Wavebird Controller"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/05/01 at 17:31
Regular
I think one of the best accessories of the GameCube will be the wireless controller called the Wavebird!
No more tangled up wires and it can be used up to 30 metres away! AMAZING!!!
Sun 19/05/02 at 00:03
Regular
Bah, no sign of it yet
Sat 18/05/02 at 23:55
Regular
Hmm, anyone know when these things will be available?

Seeing as regular controllers from the us work fine on a pal machine, i really can't see any reason for the wavebird to be any differet.

Surprised by the no rumble feature though, the pad looks big enough to manage... then again, it'd need to receive information from the cube on when to rumble, so there would have to be a transmitter and receiver on both the controller and bit that fits into the front of the cube. Guess that was asking a bit much?

Ah well, seeing as i always turn rumble off anyway (never liked those stories about it messing up your wrists, plus i have dodgy fingers, and a recently broken thumb which, according to my doctor, is still in the strenghtening process for a couple more months).
Anyway, i always turn rumble off, so i guess when they're available in america, assuming the euro release isn't very soon after (lets be honest, there's no chance ¦0S), it'll be a trip to dvdboxoffice.

Actually, i might take a look now...
Sat 18/05/02 at 21:11
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
its use radiowaves and they reflect off charged surfaces unlike infrared which has a shortwave length and can get blocked
Sat 18/05/02 at 21:02
Regular
Actually the Wavebird is a proper (and i mean proper) wireless controller. Nintendo spent a lot of time on it and it will still work if someone walks in front of you, even if your facing in the opposite direction etc. And even if it doens't have a rumble feature I dont care, whats so great about it anyway? I never used my rumble pak for the N64 or on the dreamcast.
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:57
wireless conrollers where tried back in the days of the NES whats to say it will work now? ok it stops tangled leads but will it be worth the extrea tenner pad. Whats this no rumble function?
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:57
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
actually its only 10m
Sat 18/05/02 at 20:12
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Legendary Link wrote:
> the only thing about the wavebird that is bad is the thing that
> collects the signal, it gos from a bit below the controller port all
> the way to a little bit over the top of the console.

Won't that get in the way of the memory card port?
Sat 18/05/02 at 19:13
Regular
the only thing about the wavebird that is bad is the thing that collects the signal, it gos from a bit below the controller port all the way to a little bit over the top of the console.
Sat 18/05/02 at 19:08
Regular
"keep your receipt"
yes but Wavebirds have no rumble support :(

Does anyone know if USA wavebirds will work on UK gamecubes?
Sat 18/05/02 at 17:06
Regular
You know if you look carefully in the Documentry on Rouge Leader one of the guys play testing was using a Wavebird controller...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.