GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Wavebird Controller"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/05/01 at 17:31
Regular
I think one of the best accessories of the GameCube will be the wireless controller called the Wavebird!
No more tangled up wires and it can be used up to 30 metres away! AMAZING!!!
Tue 15/05/01 at 17:31
I think one of the best accessories of the GameCube will be the wireless controller called the Wavebird!
No more tangled up wires and it can be used up to 30 metres away! AMAZING!!!
Tue 15/05/01 at 22:47
Regular
30m! flippin hell! my living room aint that big! Thats like into my garden! so i can play on my GC in the garden hey> now all i need is a 100" screen
Sat 19/05/01 at 18:17
Yeah but just think how great it will be not having to spend hours untangling them or tieing them up when u take them to a friend. All u need to do is take the controller with u!
Sat 19/05/01 at 18:21
Regular
There might be a bit of interference and there's no way I'd want to have to use batteries in my controller but I'm sure Nintendo will find their way round these problems.
Sat 19/05/01 at 18:23
There's no need for batteries, some thing fits into the controller socket and uses infa red to react with the controller. What will they think of next?
Sat 19/05/01 at 18:30
Regular
If it's like a TV controller then it might need batteries.

If not, it might be expensive to buy. I don't really want to pay more than £15 for pads this time round. £20 was far too much for the N64 pads.
Sat 19/05/01 at 18:57
Regular
I thought it was 20m? I could be wrong though.

It's not infra-red but Radio controlled so it will most likely need batteries. How do I know that? Well all the magazines have said the same and there are 4 frequency options on a dial where the controllers plug in. That's to stop the radio frequencies interfering with each other.

Sat 19/05/01 at 19:18
Regular
I don't think that whether it's 20 or 30 matters.

My bedroom is only about 8 metres max :-D
Sat 19/05/01 at 19:29
The controller will probably be £10 more maximum than the normal one, but it will definately be one of my main purchases!
Sat 19/05/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
That sounds respectful. I'll probably get one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.