GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do you Forget and Move-On?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/12/04 at 12:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
When you've had strong feelings for someone over a long period of time and then, you realise all hope is likely to be worth sod all when it comes down to the fact she's very happy as she is and things may never change, no matter how hard you rub that magic lamp...

How exactly do you go about moving-on from this one fixation to leave it all behind in the past?

That is, basically, the situation I'm in now. Having realised she's more than just 'happy' with her current situation, she'll soon be moving out on her own and everything... Despite her "reputation", there maybe nothing left for me worth fighting for.

When I've been in this kind of situation before, I don't think I've properly "forgotten" about the girl in question. I have learnt how to move on. I understand feelings cannot simply 'die' in an instant, but there must surely be a way of dealing with it and changing your perspective?

The people I know are cut short of ideas on this matter, having barely been this far, this seriously themselves. Ideas I've heard are, generally, ones I just want to forget. You know... Drinking never solves anything and only makes it worse. Is f***ing the very next pretty thing you see really gonna take your mind of it all, if it's meaningless in itself?

How do you escape from these feelings at the end of a meaningful relationshup that breaks down into a million-and-one tiny pieces?

I've seen how hard it can hit people when it comes to divorce if they don't deal with it properly. Very different situation here, I know that. But my 'Confidence' and such has always been very fragile. The slightest crack could lead to social problems, or something, with me...

So, how DO you deal with it?
How HAVE you dealt with things?

What on Earth do I do?
Thu 20/01/05 at 20:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
How in The Fockers could you know that, Icarus?!?

It's at times like this when I get that cold shiver down the back of my spine which leads to suggest you and I may well know each other, somehow, from before.... :S

;)

I've had a surprisingly upbeat day today though. I didn't feel my usual tired and a little sluggish self at college today, even if I always do the work. Get home and I've got payed. Not only that, but I finally have a Debit Card in my wallet - LOOK OUT WORLD, HERE I COME!!! ;D

Yes! Now, at long last, I can finally ask them:

"Do you take VISA here?"

"Do they accept debit cards inside?"

Let's see how YOU like it now, eh, customers!! :P
Tue 18/01/05 at 01:51
Are you talking about Rachael Coulson?
Tue 18/01/05 at 01:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahahahaha.

Still, if she was ugly/annoying, fair game.
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
On a light-hearted note however, it seems I've been chasing the wrong girl in my search for happiness, so it seems.

I turned down someone who asked me out at school a few years back - and now, she's apparently set to become somewhat a millionaire [millionaire-ess?]

I read in my local 'paper she was going over to Sweden to sing infront of their royal family or something, before flying off to LA to sign a million-pound contract with a big record label. Plus, I've seen her pop up on the local news now and again several times now...

Bloody hell! Looks like I got hooked on the wrong one! ;D

After all, "money can buy you happiness" in today's world - or so they try lead us to believe.... :P

:D
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I doubt I'll ever be able to forget, but a few weeks after all this and I do feel better about things. Things change over time and I'm optimistic things will improve sometime in the future.

I took a really spiteful opinion on her after Christmas, before taking a step back and realising all young women are pretty much the same. First offer they get, they may well screw you over. They are rather self-centered and often cry out for attention, as do men at times.

I do think that's a real problem with her though, and why she's come to build up the 'local' reputation she has. Why I feel I shouldn't feel these things for her, because it's also "not worth it".

Like most men, I probably misinterperet things. A smile might just mean she's thriving on the slightest contact with another human being... I feel sorry for her.

...Is this all over feelings of sympathy then?

Two needy souls; desperate for social attention without realising what we really have infront of us. Showing "Hurt" out in different ways...
Sun 09/01/05 at 22:01
Regular
Girls have a habit of turning up when you're seeing someone (or only sort of in my case, but I still chose not to).
Was out on the last 2 nights, and I had more opportunities, and blatant opportunities, than I've had in months.

In future I think I'll pretend to be seeing somone.
Fri 07/01/05 at 18:42
Regular
"That's right!"
"Convert her, how hard can it be?"

Hmm. I hate false advice. "Just talk to her" "Tell her she's beautiful" "Make her laugh" Done done and done, doesn't mean they'll find you sexually attractive, though in Sol's case...

Spend time with your mates, go out, have a laugh and don't think about her. Girls have a habit of appearing out of nowhere when you least expect it.
Thu 06/01/05 at 15:46
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Personally I like to act as a recluse for a few days, treating myself to crap food and DVDs. All the while making sure I don't do or say something I will regret later.

A good period of self loathing and reflection always gets me over it.
Thu 06/01/05 at 15:40
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
You my friend need closure. You can get closure many ways although I wouldn't advise you go shag the first thing with a pulse. That leads to jail. Closure is whatever you need to do so that you're (maybe not happy) but understanding of why it has to be that way. People are selfish, they don't break up with people to make themselves unhappy. They think it'll make them happy to be out of the relationship.

Now you can either wait and see if they come back to you which, if they do love you then they will OR you can go in for THE TALK. Tell her about what you wanted from the relationship, the future you want and if you still want it with her. Try and make her empathise with you. If she can and loves you then maybe there's still something there and you can stick together however if you don't see your paths crossing then it'll be plain to see for both of you and even if you don't like it you'll see that it couldn't be. Hope I've helped mate, good luck:)
Thu 06/01/05 at 13:03
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The following song lyrics are an entirely accurate description of the cause of sentimentality in men about their women....(god bless Ween)

I met her at the living earth show
She crossed the room, the lights sank low
We’re together, she really digs me -- she f**ks me
Who could think I could be so happy?
When I’m cold, I know she’s keepin’ me warm
We’re together, she really digs me -- she f**ks me

She’s in my arms, she’s in my heart, yeah
Pins and needles up and down my spine
We’re together, she really digs me now
She f**ks me, she f**ks me
She f**ks me

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.