GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"100 Greatest Cartoons"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 23:53
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/cartoons/index.html[/URL]

It's another channel 4 poll and the nomination's list is rather odd. Some are films, other's TV series', and others are individual characters. There are even a couple that I wouldn't consider to be cartoons, 'The Magic Roundabout' and 'Wallace and Grommit' are both on the list. Also, I know that many of you like Bucky O'Hare but I'm afraid he's not an option.

My votes went to: Daffy Duck, Donald Duck, The Flinstones, Futurama, Hong Kong Phooey, Ren and Stimpy, The Simpsons, South Park, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

There are some odd choices there, I know. Probably should have included Family Guy somewhere.
Wed 29/12/04 at 00:08
Regular
"I'm Great."
Still just so wrong. How can it be the all time greatest when the nominations look like they do. I really am having trouble believing some of the cartoons that they have missed. I hope that this is sorted before the final count but then it won't matter as they will have been added too late for them to matter.
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:51
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Futurama
Tue 28/12/04 at 14:10
Regular
"Who Hell He?"
Spongebob Square Pants
Cow & Chicken
Wacky Races
Stop The Pigeon
Fri 24/12/04 at 22:00
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Mav wrote:
> Pinky and the Brain
> Wasn't that just part of Animaniacs?
>
> I'm sure it was a short in its own right. Having said that, the
> Animaniacs deserve to be in there too.

Yeah, Pinky and The Brain had their own programme for a while. They were originally part of the Animaniacs programme first. Animaniacs was great.
Fri 24/12/04 at 21:06
"period drama"
No Bucky, no good.
Fri 24/12/04 at 21:00
Regular
> The Jetsons
> Awful compared to The Flinstones.

Ah, but still a classic, and deserves to be in there when you consider what else has been shortlisted.

> Pinky and the Brain
> Wasn't that just part of Animaniacs?

I'm sure it was a short in its own right. Having said that, the Animaniacs deserve to be in there too.
Fri 24/12/04 at 20:46
Regular
"0228"
Mav wrote:
> Mr Benn
They have made a new episode of this to be shown on Nick Jr at 8pm on New Year's Day.

> Fairly Odd Parents
I've only seen a couple of episodes but they were fairly entertaining. Better than most modern cartoons.

> Alvin and the Chipmunks
That was decent but not great.

> The Jetsons
Awful compared to The Flinstones.

> Pinky and the Brain
Wasn't that just part of Animaniacs?
Fri 24/12/04 at 19:54
Regular
Ooh, you can vote as many times as you like...
Fri 24/12/04 at 19:50
Regular
Voted for Looney Tunes, Bugs Bunny, Family Guy, The Simpsons, Toy Story, The Flintstones, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Road Runner, Daffy Duck and Pinocchio. It really would be a travesty if The Simpsons won it - out of that (or any) list, Looney Tunes is the clear winner by far.

Also suggested:

Mr Benn
Fairly Odd Parents
Alvin and the Chipmunks
The Jetsons
Pinky and the Brain
Fri 24/12/04 at 19:01
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i suggested adding:

transformers
thundercats
jayce and the wheeled warriors
ulysses 31
mysterious cities of gold

as i failed to spot them on the list.
and yes, Bucky o Hare SHOULD be there as well :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.