GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Speaking of Harlow.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Is it just this sinkhole of a town that has residents in that seem to think it's a good idea to advertise their lack of chromosones by plastering their houses with xmas lights?
I'm not just talking a couple of twinkling lights around the window.
No, I'm talking complete nativity scenes on roofs, inflatable 8ft snowmen/father christmas, and enough lights to confuse passing aircraft.

Why?
It seems to get worse every year around here, more and more idiots cover as much available space with gaudy baubles and rotating/flashing/blinking lights.
Do they think "Wow, I'm so cool and people will admire me"?
Because the only reaction it gets from me is the urge to commit arson.
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
monkey_man wrote:
> I think other places do it to. Romford and Roydon.

Romford doesn't seem too bad this year, but there are still LOADS of shockers around.

There were a couple of houses a few years back that lit everything up in white fairy lights. They wrapped the trees up in the front garden and everything. It actually looked really good.

It's the multi-coloured lights that just add the icing to the cake when it comes to bad lights. All-white lights can look ok, but when reds and blues and greens and pinks and whites and yellows are all added togther, urrrrrrrgh.
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mm, and it's always the people who can least afford the electricity that go for the neon-lit poverty-a-thon that is Xmas lights.

Still, at least they're clearly identifying themselves as *)&^s.
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
A street in Killingworth (near Newcastle dopes it) and people take their kiddies around and apparantly a lot of cash gets raised for charity.

Not my cup of tea though. It looks incredibly tacky, and when you hear on the news that some charvas have so many lights on the front of their house they can't even use the kettle then it comes across as utterly insane too........

Christmas. The time electricity board directors rub their hands with glee.
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I think other places do it to. Romford and Roydon.
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Is it just this sinkhole of a town that has residents in that seem to think it's a good idea to advertise their lack of chromosones by plastering their houses with xmas lights?
I'm not just talking a couple of twinkling lights around the window.
No, I'm talking complete nativity scenes on roofs, inflatable 8ft snowmen/father christmas, and enough lights to confuse passing aircraft.

Why?
It seems to get worse every year around here, more and more idiots cover as much available space with gaudy baubles and rotating/flashing/blinking lights.
Do they think "Wow, I'm so cool and people will admire me"?
Because the only reaction it gets from me is the urge to commit arson.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.