GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Speaking of Harlow.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Is it just this sinkhole of a town that has residents in that seem to think it's a good idea to advertise their lack of chromosones by plastering their houses with xmas lights?
I'm not just talking a couple of twinkling lights around the window.
No, I'm talking complete nativity scenes on roofs, inflatable 8ft snowmen/father christmas, and enough lights to confuse passing aircraft.

Why?
It seems to get worse every year around here, more and more idiots cover as much available space with gaudy baubles and rotating/flashing/blinking lights.
Do they think "Wow, I'm so cool and people will admire me"?
Because the only reaction it gets from me is the urge to commit arson.
Thu 23/12/04 at 19:24
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I like them.
Thu 23/12/04 at 18:02
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I might fork out to get them the following sign for next Christmas:

<< IDIOTS
DOLTS >>
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I was up in govan last weekend and drove by a house with a huge Homer inflatable stuck above their door. At least he had a santa costume on.

There are some nicely decorated houses near me, look quite tasteful.
Then there are some real howlers. Ones with things that don't have anything to do with Christmas, teletubbies etc in their gardens.
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:43
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I imagine the real life Victor Meldrew lives in this house.

They've sooooo gotta get a flashing 'Bah Humbug' sign for next year. That would be quite amusing.

Probably.
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:32
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
god, I wonder how much their electricity bill comes to!! do you recon they also try to outdo, eachother on that
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:28
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I saw a house yesterday that not only had the complete set of fully coloured twinkling lights that could give an epileptic the fright of their life, but a big flashing Santa. On a bike. Because Santa always rides a bike when he delivers his presents. Down my street is the worst, it's like the residents have just discovered colour.

In The Readings, there are two houses, I believe they are numbers 4 and 6, who try and outdo each other every year. This means plastering the front of their houses with cheap plastic lights, crudely drawn renditions of snowmen and reindeer, snow spray on every window in the house and countless other crappy little Christmas trinkets. The house in the middle, number 5? Absolutely sod all apart from the door number.

I imagine the real life Victor Meldrew lives in this house.
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:58
"I love yo... lamp."
Light wrote:
> Mm, and it's always the people who can least afford the electricity
> that go for the neon-lit poverty-a-thon that is Xmas lights.
>
> Still, at least they're clearly identifying themselves as *)&^s.

They tap it off the streetlights here in Glasgow.
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Not really, my street has about a million plastic candle things in the windows though.

Although, there is a house in a street near me that looks really good. None of your cheap crap out the pound shop either.
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Captain to you."
One of the houses in the next street is so bright if i open my curtains and blinds my room is perfectly lit all night. Of course all my curtains and blinds stay closed so as not to let light anywhere near me :D
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:03
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Light wrote:
> Mm, and it's always the people who can least afford the electricity
> that go for the neon-lit poverty-a-thon that is Xmas lights.

Most ironic username/post combination...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.