GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Speaking of Harlow.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Is it just this sinkhole of a town that has residents in that seem to think it's a good idea to advertise their lack of chromosones by plastering their houses with xmas lights?
I'm not just talking a couple of twinkling lights around the window.
No, I'm talking complete nativity scenes on roofs, inflatable 8ft snowmen/father christmas, and enough lights to confuse passing aircraft.

Why?
It seems to get worse every year around here, more and more idiots cover as much available space with gaudy baubles and rotating/flashing/blinking lights.
Do they think "Wow, I'm so cool and people will admire me"?
Because the only reaction it gets from me is the urge to commit arson.
Fri 24/12/04 at 17:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
'GET IN THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!, YOU BAH HUMBUG!'
Fri 24/12/04 at 16:32
Regular
"\\"
@ngel.

And i'm in Waltham. *ahem*
Fri 24/12/04 at 16:31
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
eye'Aoe wrote:
> You live in Grimsby too?
>
> That's three of us...
>

Why, who else is in Grimsby? I'm in Scartho, btw.
Fri 24/12/04 at 16:24
Regular
"\\"
You live in Grimsby too?

That's three of us...

Ho hum.

There's one house that's got loads of lights, loads of fake snow everywhere, hundreds of little santas and reindeers and elves and some things I'm not sure what they actually have to do witch christmas. And it's down a street that nobody goes down. It's a dead end, so nobody passes through for a shortcut, only say about 10 people that live down there and the postman must have seen it. What the hell is the point when nobody is going to see it?

And if my memory serves me right, they've had the decroations up since the beginning of September.
Fri 24/12/04 at 16:18
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
I was in Harlow last Christmas, and Church Langley was pretty subdued. In Grimsby, there's quite a few houses that go overboard with the whole outdoor Christmas decorations. We just have one string of multi-coloured lights and a train. It's nice to have some tasteful ones to brighten the place up a bit.
Fri 24/12/04 at 12:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Nativity scenes on the roof...

8ft-tall Snowmen...

Giant Santa Claus' and load of over-the-top lighting....

Sounds like Tim "the Tool-man" Taylor is back at work again!

;D
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:04
Regular
It's a chav thing.
Fri 24/12/04 at 00:09
"slightlyshortertagl"
:-)
Thu 23/12/04 at 23:46
Regular
I love it when there's loads of lights.

I ahte night time.

Black and yellow.
That's it.
Reminds me of old bananas.
SO when loads of colours appear, I'm happy.

Our postman said our Christmas tree was the ebst he'd seen this year.
So I'm happy, despite not having anything to do with its decoration..
Thu 23/12/04 at 23:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Tonight was brilliant.

Phoned for a cab to take me to the pub, and what turned up could only be described as a mobile Christmas fun-spreader. The driver, fully kitted out in Santa outfit (plus beard) was sat surrounded by Christmas lights, baubles, miniature Santa plastic figurines, a fake layer of snow across the dashboard and loads of little snowmen dotted around the car. And tinsel. Everywhere. It's a wonder he could even see out of the window. What's even more brilliant is that he spent the whole journey hocking up phlegm loogies that would put an American teenager to shame, and every time we took a corner, he went "Unnnghhhhh" like his belly was turning. I secretly hoped he'd turn it into a "Unnggghhho ho ho" but he never did.

Me: "You're looking very festive this evening."
Driver: "Greyhound was it mate?"

2 mins later...

Me [jokily]: "Anyone would think it was Christmas!"
Driver: [silence]

Okay then Mr Driver sir, answer me this... if you're going to dress up like a retarded Father Christmas (one that's so spasticated he has to drive a Austin Allegro around planet Earth delivering his presents) then you can at least have the decency to entertain the fact and not sit in stony silence when someone happens to mention it. Did you expect me to say nothing, like everything was normal?

I should have said solemnly: "Actually I don't celebrate Christmas, my religion forbids it and demands I murder anyone who does" and stared at him throughout the duration of the journey.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.