GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The List of Players"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 00:01
Regular
Just out of interest, and more probably because I've had a few pints, I'd like to know your 10 favourite players. And not just because of their skill or what they've achieved, but if they're comedy or you just think they're a legend. For example, everyone knows how awesome Thierry Henry is, but he won't be on my list because I don't love him the way I do for Mikey or my Milan. I mean, it'll probably be your club players, but nothing wrong with that. If you're a Huddersfield fan, everyone knows what a legend Efe Sodje is, after all :) Onwards. Oh yes, and no putting Defoe. House rules. Colourless, you'll be mocked for Jesper. Virt, put Kewell down and I disown you, stats or no.

1) Mikey Owen (because everyone knows this)
2) Stevie (because he's the most complete midfield player in the world)
3) Joe Cole (because there's no better English player at the technical stuff)
4) Maniche (because of Pro Evo 3 and my Portugal fascination)
5) Ryan Giggs (Welsh boys stick together)
6) Milan Baros (My Milan)
7) Karel Poborsky (Because of his flowing ex-locks and my Sparta Prague shirt)
8) Djibril Cisse (Because when both legs work, he looks devestating in tandem with my Milan)
9) Andrei Kanchelskis (what a legend)
10) Ronaldinho ('Dinho.)
Thu 23/12/04 at 02:05
"I love yo... lamp."
#1 Dennis Bergkamp
A firm favourite of mine long before he ever played for Arsenal. A great, great player. Good shots, wonderful vision, a gentlemanly player.

#2 Thierry Henry
The guy is just class on every level. He's fast, has an amazing shot on him, creates chances out of nowhere, is married to a really hot bird and manages to look cool in a fedora. Le dude rocks.

#3 Ally McCoist
Natural goal scorer with a fantastic record. Many years at Rangers, he kept tucking them away. He wasn't like Bergkamp or Henry, he just got in the box and put the ball in the back of the net. Time after time. He also loved Rangers, and really played for the jersey. Nice guy to boot.

#4 Jean Alain Boumsong
One of the best defenders in the country. Man mountain who is comfortable on the ball and can outplay most of the strikers. If he leaves Rangers then that's them finished for this season.

#5 Andy Goram
My favourite ever goally, even more so than David Seaman. Short, fat, dodgy knees. Couldn't even manage goal kicks towards the end of his career. But he still had a sixth sense when it came to stopping that ball and he was at one time my dad's most hated person for the many goals he stopped Celtic from scoring. Great player.

#6 Frank Lampard
The guy has a nasty habit of scoring when his team really needs a goal. The only Chelsea player I'd really like to see at Highbury. My choice for best midfielder in the country. He's the heart of Chelsea's team in my opinion. Hope he retires about... now.

#7 Romario
Again another striker. He was just amazing at his peak, scored masses of goals and was a great entertainer. I still have my old Barcelona shirt with his name on it.

#8 Mark Hately
He completed McCoist. Old fashioned target man, good in the air and always a threat. He was there during the glory years, without him, they might not have been the glory years.

#9 Henning Berg
Another defender, another supremely influential player, another gentleman in a game full of thugs. He's been around, but he ended up finishing at Rangers, where he was one of their best players. I only wish we'd had him for longer and when he was younger.

#10 Brian Laudrup
So many people could have filled this spot. But I'll give it to Brian, another one of the nice guys of football. He was a joy to watch and was one of the driving forces of Rangers ten years ago. Back then being a Rangers fan was easy and fun. Back then he was the star man, and another one of the guys my dad hated. That was enough.

EDIT - I hadn't seen down's post when I made mine. Great minds think alike. Kanchelskis would have been on the list had he done more when at Rangers.
Thu 23/12/04 at 02:11
I was tempted with Boumsong, but I was put off by his performance against Auxerre. At the weekend he got MotM again, didn't he?

I do worry about Rangers season if he goes in January. If they win the league and he leaves in July, then we might be able to attract adequate replacements. Otherwise, another slump might happen...
Thu 23/12/04 at 08:45
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Ten in no particular order and no comments. The names speak for themselves.

Gary Lineker
Emlyn Hughes.
Dennis Wise.
Matt Le Tissier.
Ray Clemence.
Frank Lampard.
Robbie Fowler.
Ruud Gullit
Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Oh and Efetobore Sodje, of course.

It's hard to pick just ten favourites so I've gone for the names I remember first :)

Names missing include Dalglish, McCoist, Bergkamp, Kewell, Terry, Thompson etc.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Pablo Aimar

Anyone who's seen the 'itchy head' celebration will surely agree - this man is an absolute legend.
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:07
Regular
I'm loving all the Kanchelskis mentions. What a hero.
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:08
Regular
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Oh and Efetobore Sodje, of course.

:-D A legend at Stevenage as well, solid as a rock.
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:17
Regular
Saw him play this year at the McAlpine with my Hudders mate, versus the MK Dons (I'm from near MK). Junior Mendes scored an awesome goal and Sodje got hit :)
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:28
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I'll just do the top 5

** 1 ** Peter Withe --- Scored the goal that won us the European Cup.

** 2 ** Ronaldinho --- Best football player I've ever seen. His skills are amazing and he showboats in games as though it's nothing. Always has a smile on his face aswell.

** 3 ** Michael Owen --- Done well for England and like watching him play for Real Madrid. Had a bad time at first, but now keeps firing the ball into the net. A Legend for the goal against Argentina and the hat-trick against Germany... quality.

** 4 ** Thierry Henry --- This guy is also amazing. Not only does he score goals, but he sets people up and isn't very selfish.

** 5 ** Steven Gerrard --- Probably one of the best midfielders in the world. Enjoy watching him play.

**** MOST HATED ****

** 1 ** Maradonna --- Cheat, druggie and scum who knocked us out of the World Cup, which we probably could of won.

** 2 ** Dwight Yorke --- Did well for us and then goes to no hopers Birmingham. He must be desperate.

** 3 ** Wayne Rooney --- Wannabe hard man who's overweight. Good player, but hate him.
Thu 23/12/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
1. Twinkletoes - My beloved Portugese magician who turns defenders inside out with the mechanical speed of his legs.

2. Eric Cantona - The only decent french man to have ever lived. Le God

3. Freddy Adu - A true wonder kid, not like the pretender that is Shrek.

4. Ronaldinho - Always plays with a smile on his face and his tricks are unbelieveable

5. Peter Schmeichel - Best keeper ever and will never properly be replaced and who i based my game on as a keeper i.e shouting at my defence every chance i got :-D

6. Marco Van Basten - Brilliant striker, used to love watching him on Football Italia on C4 ages ago.

7. Pele - record speaks for itself really.

8. Tony Adams - Just because he got with Caprice looking like that - legend.

9. Ruuuuuuuuuuud - don't need to explain really

10. Jose Chilavert - Better free kick taker then Becks - fact
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:00
Regular
"Colourless"
lalakersrule wrote:
> 1. Twinkletoes

Oi. Beardsley is twinkletoes. Tell Cristiano to get his own nickname.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.