GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The List of Players"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 00:01
Regular
Just out of interest, and more probably because I've had a few pints, I'd like to know your 10 favourite players. And not just because of their skill or what they've achieved, but if they're comedy or you just think they're a legend. For example, everyone knows how awesome Thierry Henry is, but he won't be on my list because I don't love him the way I do for Mikey or my Milan. I mean, it'll probably be your club players, but nothing wrong with that. If you're a Huddersfield fan, everyone knows what a legend Efe Sodje is, after all :) Onwards. Oh yes, and no putting Defoe. House rules. Colourless, you'll be mocked for Jesper. Virt, put Kewell down and I disown you, stats or no.

1) Mikey Owen (because everyone knows this)
2) Stevie (because he's the most complete midfield player in the world)
3) Joe Cole (because there's no better English player at the technical stuff)
4) Maniche (because of Pro Evo 3 and my Portugal fascination)
5) Ryan Giggs (Welsh boys stick together)
6) Milan Baros (My Milan)
7) Karel Poborsky (Because of his flowing ex-locks and my Sparta Prague shirt)
8) Djibril Cisse (Because when both legs work, he looks devestating in tandem with my Milan)
9) Andrei Kanchelskis (what a legend)
10) Ronaldinho ('Dinho.)
Thu 23/12/04 at 00:01
Regular
Just out of interest, and more probably because I've had a few pints, I'd like to know your 10 favourite players. And not just because of their skill or what they've achieved, but if they're comedy or you just think they're a legend. For example, everyone knows how awesome Thierry Henry is, but he won't be on my list because I don't love him the way I do for Mikey or my Milan. I mean, it'll probably be your club players, but nothing wrong with that. If you're a Huddersfield fan, everyone knows what a legend Efe Sodje is, after all :) Onwards. Oh yes, and no putting Defoe. House rules. Colourless, you'll be mocked for Jesper. Virt, put Kewell down and I disown you, stats or no.

1) Mikey Owen (because everyone knows this)
2) Stevie (because he's the most complete midfield player in the world)
3) Joe Cole (because there's no better English player at the technical stuff)
4) Maniche (because of Pro Evo 3 and my Portugal fascination)
5) Ryan Giggs (Welsh boys stick together)
6) Milan Baros (My Milan)
7) Karel Poborsky (Because of his flowing ex-locks and my Sparta Prague shirt)
8) Djibril Cisse (Because when both legs work, he looks devestating in tandem with my Milan)
9) Andrei Kanchelskis (what a legend)
10) Ronaldinho ('Dinho.)
Thu 23/12/04 at 00:27
Regular
Maradona - comedy genius with the hand of god, and shooting paparazzi outside his house

Totti - heartbeat of roma

Ortega - heatbutting van der sar at world cup 98 (van=10ft,ortega=4ft)

Cantona - for everything he has ever done, although the kung fu kick tops the list

Di canio - pushing the ref over, and scaring winterburn half to death

Veron - for costing almost 100M when you add all his transfers

Roy Keane - the thing with McCarthy, and the performance in the 99 CL semi at the delle alpi

Di Stefano - legend [URL]http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Bleachers/7429/distefcups.jpg[/URL]

Batistuta - nod of approval when becks got sent off

Cristiano - stepover king
Thu 23/12/04 at 00:54
Regular
"Colourless"
1. Zola - Best player I've ever seen. A true gentleman.
2. Dennis Wise - Childhood "hero"
3. Wayne Bridge - Purely for scoring that goal at highbury
4. Peter Schmeichel - Absolutely hated him when he was at Man Utd, but since have recognised what a good keeper he was. And also he's a good pundit.
5. Trevor Sinclair - for that genius overhead kick when he was actually good....
6. Di Canio - for sportingly catching that ball....

Hmm not sure about those last 3, think I must be going mad. So I shall just stop there.... :S

Jesper - Overall genius. Always applauded the fans at the end of the game. I've read he did the same this season at Birmingham

So I mentioned him once but I think I got away with it.....
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:12
Regular
its gonna be about 15 long, i'll finish it later!

England:

Stuart pearce- My favourite england international o all time

Gazza- The england team sucks since we lost the characters! - its just so boring i miss when we were cheeky chappies there was banter and mischief, i blame his exclusion from the squad for us not winning france 98.

Sir Alan of Shearersville- best striker weve had in years, nearly didn't make it for retiring from england early and leaving us with absolute crap up front.

Chelsea:

John Terry- Legend obviously

Damien Duff- My favourite chelsea player

Arjen Robben- vying with duff, best young player in the world.

Lampard- Legend

Zola- Huge legend

Others: do it later when i can think about it!
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:13
Regular
I was about to do this...and then realised, I can't.
I'll have to think about it.

Obviously there are a few that will get in straight away, but to make it up to ten, yeah.
I'll do it tomorrow.
Well, later.
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:17
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Aha, being a Woking fan this will seem odd to many:

1. Andrei Kanchelskis: As a really young kid I idolised this guys amazingness when he was at Man Utd. My brother and I went to see him play once with Everton and once with Man Yoo. Happy days. Amazing player.

2. Frank Sinclair: As a defender, Frank's amazingness in front of goal is not matched anywhere. Obviously its almost always in front of the wrong goal, but he's still a legend.

3. Zola: He's going right, no left, no right, no left. Ah crap. He's scored.

4. Matt Le Tissier: Amazing player who signed an autograph for me and my mate. Yeyu him.

5. Massimo Taibi: Ahahahahaha!

6. Stevie Gerrard: My favourite player in the world at the moment really.

7. Di Canio: Ref-pushing, scissor-kicking genius.

8. Ian Selley: Amazing player. Woking player now but won trophies with Arsenal as a kid before tragically breaking his leg. He's still got it, though: [URL]http://213.122.205.49/clusternationwideportal/index.jsp?midsection=videoPlayer§ion=fixtures&teamId=ah_AGR200_1089296256921_1002119253&fixture=25391&videoId=585602[/URL]

9. Adriano Basso: Ex-wavey-haired keeper from Brazil who is not only an incredible keeper (ask Quinty) but kicks like a donkey and does aerobics on the edge of his penalty area. Score!

10. Clive Walker: Woking and Chelsea legend.

Though all of them, in technical terms, are < to the magic of Edson Buddle.
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:19
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ack, I forgot Shearer. I loves him too. He is on my list...just invisible and stuff.

Edit: And Roby Baggio. Legend.
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:20
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Though all of them, in technical terms, are < to the magic of
> Edson Buddle.

BUDDLE AND CROO.
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:24
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
[URL]http://www.soccergamenight.com/mls/Images/players2003/buddle614-G_8678.jpg[/URL]

I love him a million times over.
Has matteh told you of how I tricked him into thinking (almost) he was speaking to THE Edson over MSN? Aha. Joyous days.
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:48
1) Chilavert - Can't believe no one's put him yet. Genius.
2) Kanchelskis - Third person to put him down? Brilliant. Salute on the ball was the best thing I've ever seen. Ever. Nowadays he'd probably get a yellow card for inciting the crowd or something, but genius at the time.
3) Laudrup - Probably technically wise the best player I've seen play. GOD.
4) McCoist - I'd controversially say he was better than Larsson. Met him twice.
5) Nesta - The best player in the world today. If you look at defenders, there's no one better. Pace, technique, strength, balance, positioning, easily the best in the world at his position. If you think of attacking players, it could go to any of a few, but Nesta is by far and away the best defender. He seemed to singlehandedly stop Lazio when I saw them play a while back.
6) Maldini - Legend.
7) Shevchenko - Excellent on his own, but with Rebrov they were quite stunning. Reminds me of Totti and Cassano now.
8) Pirlo - Probably my favourite. At his position, he's the best. I suppose that's kind of unfair, because there's no one comparably good that has that position really.
9) Recoba - Genius. Ugly freak, but on his day there's no one better, a bit like Kanu used to be. Shame they both got really rubbish...
10) Xabi Alonso - A more recent addition this, probably since about the end of last year, when he scored that STUNNER against Valencia. If you haven't seen it, you must somehow get hold of it, if he meant it, it's the best goal ever.

Honourable mentions to -
Adriano (best forward around now)
Mutu (him and Adriano were quite brilliant)
Cannavaro (a wee guy, but the only person better at heading than him is Ayala)
van der Vaart (his goal against Feyenoord alone)
Denilson (a bit like Recoba, had so much potential but lost it somewhere)
Ronaldinho (that idiotic smile when playing)
Kaka (potential to be the best in the world, if he consistently has an end product)
Bergkamp (scored some of the most spectacular goals I've seen, his goal against Argentina was sheer genius)

Hmmm, that's all I can think of, I'll edit when I think of more.

By the way, had Gascoigne not scored *that* goal against Scotland, he'd be on it too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.