GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let The Board Decide #10: Best beer?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 19:44
"I love yo... lamp."
Been ages since I did once of these, so long in fact that ten might not be accurate.

Anyway, as above, best beer?

I've been drinking lots of Coors lately, but my favourite remains Miller.

Results
Stella Artois 4
Miller 3
Budweiser 2
Becks 1
Grolsch 1
Rolling Rock 1
Pilsner Urquell 1
Lidl beer 1
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Castlemaine or Fosters, easily.
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:36
Regular
"That's right!"
I can't remember where I was, but I'm sure I was in a pub with NOTHING decent on tap. No Fosters (the cornerstone of EVERY pub, surely) no Stella, no Carlsberg. I had to drink Carling, which at the time I hated.

I still dislike it, to be fair, but I can drink it when I have to.
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:33
Regular
"..."
I'm liking Carlsberg Export at the moment. Has to be Export though as the regular stuff is naff.
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Here's my alcohol evolution:

Bacardi Breezers (aged 16, because it tastes like fruit juice!)
Vodka and Coke (because it tastes like Coke! A bit!)
Labatts Ice (during the 1998 World Cup, because it was cheap)
Budweiser (because it was nice)
Pints of Stella (because it was cheaper per gallon than Bud)
Pints of Carling (again, cheaper and makes me less violent)

I had a pint of Kronenberg Blanc last night, and still can't make up my mind whether it was nice or not. Part of me thinks it was one of the nicest pints I've ever drunk in my life, and part of me just thinks it was like someone poured half a J20 in my glass. It's a bit fruity, but it's got a hell of a kick. And it's probably about £3 a pint, too.
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:28
Regular
"That's right!"
There's a crate of Stella in my garage, not sure who's it is. I think I'll get some for myself, and some Guinness, and some vodka. Great minds think alike.
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My shopping trip today:

24 bottles of Stella
16 (I think) cans of Guiness
Litre of Vodka

And I have nearly a litre of Jack Daniels in the cupboard.
Think I'll start getting into it tonight.
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:24
Regular
"That's right!"
Agreed, I've reaquired my taste for Stella lately. It's great for when you're just having a pint or two. Terrible for getting drunk on, the aftertaste and hangover the next day are really bad. Sometimes I order it out of habit, then realise I've already have five and I should probably move on to something lighter.
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Stella is great.

I used to drink it down the local dive. It tasted wonderful. Until they cleaned the lines, which apparantly hadn't been done for over a year. It never tasted the same to me again after that. I'll still insist that stella isn't so much as brewed as made, much the same way that white cider has never seen hide nor hair of any apple thingymabobs.

> How people can drink that wattery pish that is Miller I don't know.

Yup. Fosters is on an even keel. Lager flavored pish water. Miller I'd prefer out of the two, as at least Miller is full of sugar, and you'll get a sugar buzz at the minimum.

> Tennents is possibly the worst lager in the world.
>
> I'm drinking Guinness now anwyay before I move to spirits later on in
> the night.

Mmmmmmmmm. Guinness.
Regular
Stella
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Stella is great.

How people can drink that wattery pish that is Miller I don't know.
Tennents is possibly the worst lager in the world.

I'm drinking Guinness now anwyay before I move to spirits later on in the night.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.