GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dead or Alive: Ultimate impressions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dead Or Alive'.
Sun 12/12/04 at 21:24
Regular
Just received this today which was a bonus with both Vampire: Bloodlines and Knights of the Old Republic: Sith Lords not due to arrive until Monday now.

First off, best fighting game ever purely based on the fact that from the few hours I have played it has managed to improve upon Dead or Alive 3 in pretty much every way.

For me it is all about the Survival Mode. In the original I spent our upon hour perfecting Survival until I had finished both single and tag survival with 100 straight wins in both. Unlike other Survival style games the opponents just keep jumping in leaving no time for victory leaps and all that crap, just pure fighting up to 100 kills and it is bloody hard.

Visually the second disc which contains the re-vamped Dead or Alive games delivers two games into one with mind blowing visual content which is pretty much what I expected as Team Ninja really do know how to get the most out of the Xbox hardware. Looks very similar to Dead or Alive 3 with very very few noticeable differences.

Audio wise again there isn't much difference to Dead or Alive 3, no custom sound tracks which is a bit disappointing for he massive Survival Mode which can last for bloody ages if you take your time so instead you are left with crap rock songs and just the usual sound effects, nothing outstanding.

Online play is decent, runs without any lag and there were a fair few people playing it which is decent.

Haven't really played the original on disc 1 either on or offline as there isn't anything here I haven't played or seen before.

Overall excellent, really top stuff!
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:51
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
pb wrote:
> So, is 1st Feb still the anticipated date for this game, or what?
>
> Trying to decide what to get next...

I think you should stick to your prostitute idea
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:44
Regular
About 35 hours and still enjoying it. Unlocked nearly all the collectables, completed the Story Mode with everyone and nearly finished unlocking all the costumes. Survival Mode is still as addictive as ever despite being absolutely f**king nails on Very Hard when you leave the life meter at default.

Really addictive though and providing you are willing to stick with it the Survival Mode is awesome.
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:41
"possibly impossible"
So, is 1st Feb still the anticipated date for this game, or what?

Trying to decide what to get next...
Sat 25/12/04 at 10:46
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> About 17 hours in now and the Survival Mode is making me want to beat
> a little African boy across the head with a pubic coated tampon.

ÂLŠ†ÂÎR!

Thou Shalt Buyeth 1,000,000 Band Aid DVD's for thy SINS!
Fri 24/12/04 at 14:53
Regular
"8==="
Well that's offputting.
Fri 24/12/04 at 08:38
Regular
About 17 hours in now and the Survival Mode is making me want to beat a little African boy across the head with a pubic coated tampon.

From 1-7 you can vary your moves enough to avoid the majority of counters. All of a sudden 8 and 9 become so fricking impossible it isn't even funny. If they get you on the ground it is game over as if you get up they will perform their best throw move, if you get up and either kick or punch they will perform a reversal throw taking down about half of your health, if you get up and try to throw them they will perform a counter throw which can take up to 75% of your health down. This repeats for 10-17 and then 18 and 19 have similar issues of indestructibility. This isn't aided by the explosive walls, which they seem to try and get you on which does even more damage.

I have split my knuckle and have a huge bruise on my right hand from where I smack the control pad in anger. There really isn't anything in the world as annoying as this... anything!
Tue 21/12/04 at 14:23
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
The XB Gamer wrote:
> The crapest game i have ever played this doa is the worst

> My vote for DOA ULT 8.0, DOA3 8.5.

Ahahaha
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:13
Regular
Managed to crack Time Attack mode in 4 minutes 52 yesterday with Jan Lee (Bruce Lee dude) which has taken me fricking ages. For all my troubles I got a Gold Medal and a new costume that makes him look like a paedophilic baker but all the same it was worth it. Scary when I go into the menu and see 14 hours which has been clocked so far. I can't honestly think of a fighting game prior to the Xbox Dead or Alive series that has taken up so much of my time.

Most of them I pick up for 10 minutes, get bored of and then never touch again. No doubt if it wasn't for the crazy good game engine and fluidity of the gameplay I would have given up within a similar period of time but that's what makes the Dead or Alive series so easy to pick up and play for massive amounts of time.

Up on B- ranking online now but I have come up against some seriously nails people who have unlocked 20 costumes per character with A+ ranking and are pretty much impossible to defeat.

Got a massive bruise on my right hand on one of my knuckles from where I smashed the control pad with my fist after getting ass ra*ed one too many times in Survival Mode when I hit the 19th character, it seriously is enough to make me want to cut someone up and spit on their dried out scum of a shell. There is nothing more annoying then getting countered no matter what move you pull when you are just about to crack number 20... then just another 80 to go!

Awesome game though, kept me off both Knights of the Old Republic and Metal Gear Solid 3 over the past few days.
Mon 20/12/04 at 14:42
Regular
"8==="
This is another 10 quid possibility about this time next year. Can't be bothered 'til then.
Mon 20/12/04 at 12:58
Regular
What's more, all the crap he said couldn't be anything further from the truth. Must be a regular piecing about because he doesn't react to his justified comments and what he comes out with doesn't even make any remote sense.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.